anti-Semitism christianity misogyny PUA religious right roosh v

Roosh V leads a “peasant revolt” against rootless cosmopolitanism, soybean oil, and beard trimmers

Roosh resists temptation

Back in his pickup artist days, Roosh Valizadeh was rather fond of fornication, engaging in it as often as possible with women he described as “lubricated holes,” and writing a small library of self-published books devoted to his distinctly rapey version of “game.”

Then, some three years ago, Roosh found (his version of) God while on ‘shrooms, gave up his career as a pickup guru, and took up a new career as a raging religious reactionary and far-right “thinker.” Now he writes blog posts with titles like “5 Reasons Why You Should Never Experiment With Casual Sex,” “Modern Psychiatry Is Demonic,” and “How To React When Relatives Attack Your Conversion To Orthodoxy.”

I know I should probably move on from Roosh, but I still see his posts on my Feedly feed, and I can’t help clicking on his clickbait.

Today the article that grabbed my attention was one with the melodramatic title “I Am The Peasant Revolt.” The post, a mixture of right-wing conspiracy theory and grandiose narcissism, opens with this declaration:

It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. I’m not supposed to be sharing the truth with you. They had a specific plan for me, but I figured out what it was and revolted against it. They punished me to get me back in line, but I will never follow them.

Hoo boy.

So what is he going on about? Well, he starts the essay proper by talking about the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which he portrays as a plot by “a certain demographic in America” — he means “the Jews” — to open the country to a flood of immigrants from the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. Including his own parents, who took advantage of the opportunity to migrate from Iran (his dad) and Turkey (his Armenian mom).

Little did they know that they were part of a vast conspiracy against white, Christian Americans.

The plan of the regime [he means the US government] was simple: culturally sterilize the white population, their greatest threat to power … and replace them with atomized non-European people who will obey any directive to come and reside in the United States to enjoy its first-world comforts. Through the pursuit of their material self-interests, my parents unknowingly consented to this plan.

Not only that, but they had a couple of kids, one of them being Roosh,

who were supposed to accept without question the prime directives of the regime: consumerism, comfort, casual sex. Their son abided by this plan and exceeded it to a foul degree. He injected the sexual revolution with the addition of steroids, spreading degeneracy around the Western world and unknowingly aiding the depopulation agenda through the fulfillment of his carnal desires.

I’m not sure how having sometimes unprotected sex contributes to the “depopulation agenda,” but do go on.

He was supposed to be a rootless Cosmopolitan who supports abortion and foments grievances against America for being racist against non-whites. He was supposed to feed the divide-and-conquer plan of men versus women so they would never pairbond and create families. He was supposed to be an obedient corporate worker, a mindless consumer, an enjoyer of soybean oil.

Oh no, not the soybean oil!

Roosh suggests that the US is now flooded with “peasants”

who were educated in atheist universities to be shown a window of the pleasurable ways of the world of man,

But some revolted against all these cosmopolitan delights

and went on to flatly refuse to be a little machine for creating wealth and consent for the oligarchs, or a subhuman beast to satisfy sinful desires, but instead unsheathed the sword of God to speak of the truth of Lord Jesus Christ?

I think that’s just you, dude, unless you’re raising some sort of peasant army.

If you put the truth above all, even above the gratification that comes from physical intimacy, which most men cannot do, you will eventually come face to face with the Almighty Creator, and that’s what happened to me at the age of 39, when I received the grace of God and rejected the plan of the regime to serve their will, when I rejected the plan of Satan to give him my soul.

Having followed the career of Roosh for many years, I’m not entirely sure he has a soul to lose. Despite his alleged “repentance” he has yet to address his real sins — not using soybean oil but, you know, pressuring women into unwanted sex and teaching others his strategies for doing so.

They gave me a degree in microbiology to use in developing vaccines, and I now use that knowledge to forcefully speak out against vaccines.

Don’t credit God for this; this is just stupidity on your part.

They gave me the internet and computer technology to be programmed by their words, and I attempt to counter that programming with my own words. They gave me the experiences of promiscuity, travel, and minor fame, and I use those experiences to speak of the harm of having attachments to this temporal, fallen world.

Does your God have anything to say about your overweening narcissism? You remember that bit in the Bible about pride going before a fall? I guess not.

Their plan has failed and they cannot stop me, because even if I am imprisoned or killed, they will only increase the intensity of the spotlight that I shine on Lord Jesus Christ, who is the progenitor of any good word I may say or good deed I may do in this life.

Roosh really wants to be some sort of martyr. An extremely hairy martyr.

I guess it beats working a 9-5 job actually doing something worthwhile for humanity like microbiology.

The second I started to speak the truth outside of their Overton window, the regime activated against me. Their peasant was not behaving correctly. Small punishments tried to get me in line, but then bigger ones, until I was banned from numerous platforms and even nations.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that had less to do with you “speaking the truth” than it had to do with you advocating the legalization of rape.

They should have never let my parents enter this country. Their peasant was obedient at first, but he has turned into a soldier of God, not with weapons but with his words, body, and soul. May God give us all the strength to speak the truth of Him until our deaths, because we are the peasant revolt.

You’re not “the peasant revolt.” You’re just revolting.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

epitome of incomprehensibility

@Full Metal Ox – Confession: before I looked up “Heian,” I thought that was the name of an author (rather than a period of Japanese history).

@Alan – That magic trick is so cool! I like how there’s choreography and everything. Plus, I’m glad the court case you mentioned actually recognized the dog’s welfare instead of equating an animal to a machine.

@Deloria – “Rooshless cosmopolitan.” Ha, seconded.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw
3 days ago

@ epitome

I like how there’s choreography

Yeah; the Pendragons really knew how to put on a show.

Choreography can be helpful for practical reasons too. I was chatting with (a really good) magician recently. We were commenting on a guy who was held the records for most tricks in a given time period. That act was spectacular. But we noticed that certain actions, that seemed random, coincided perfectly with the pre-recorded soundtrack. So they must have rehearsed every move to split second timing.

But that’s not only so the tricks work. There’s a lot of fast moving machinery and finger trappy stuff slamming down. So you don’t want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

(The ‘sawing a woman in half’ trick was originally an unboxing video that went wrong)

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani
3 days ago

@Alan,

Thanks for the clips. I had read about the Pendragons a couple of different places and found it sad they divorced amid abuse allegations (which seemed to have been dropped). They looked like a good act while they were active and well worth looking up on YouTube. And the Victorian actor transforming – another one that looks interesting, though the movie it came from doesn’t look like a genre (horror) that I watch much of.

Speaking of magic acts reminds me of a group I stumbled across on the old Yahoo Group Dangerous Circus Acts that had some clips of an act that had something like 10 guys and one woman doing the tricks, some of them chorus-line style. I recall their name had a Camelot theme, but can’t otherwise recall what that was. Does any of that ring a bell for you?

Have you had a chance to listen to the Wild Things podcast, and if so, what did you think about it? It was done by a journalist guy who wanted to read the final report on what really happened at Siegfried & Roy’s final show, and was surprised to find one evidently doesn’t exist. Long story short, he created an 8-episode podcast structured around that question, delving into S&R’s history and legacy on the entertainment world (at least in the US) while he was at it. (Caveat – neither man’s estate participated in this project, for whatever reason.)

I haven’t found a chance yet to listen to it (glares at the two jobs she must work to get her ends within waving distance once in a while), but it’s supposed to be pretty good.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw
3 days ago

@ redsilkphoenix

I’m the same as you with being snowed under; so I haven’t had a chance to catch that yet. I do want to though. I’m interested in the legal angles. There’s also the whole performing animals thing; and keeping big cats in non appropriate settings. It is on my ever increasing to-do list though.

the Victorian actor transforming

Yeah. That’s part of my fascination with how technology got used in theatre; and a lot of the big stage magic tricks started out as theatre stuff. Like Pepper’s Ghost.

But if you want to know how he did it…

Here’s how
Basically he had two make-up jobs on top of each other. Like a palimpsest. But they were based on opposite base tones.

So the theatre lights had filters. During the Dr Jekyll sequences they’d use one set of lights that only illuminated the ‘normal’ make-up. Then during the transition they would cross fade to a different set of lights that illuminated the Mr Hyde make-up.

Quickly slip in some false teeth and slouch a bit and Bob’s your alter ego.

That technique was adapted in early film SFX where the monochrome nature of the medium made the technique work even better.

Nequam
Nequam
3 days ago

Not from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde but here’s a really good example of the colored-filter transformation in an early film:

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
3 days ago

@Nequam: That’s a REALLY good effect!

My mom did a bit of print modeling during WW2, for local black and white newspaper and magazine ads. She said some of the makeup looked really bizarre IRL — say, green — but she came out looking like a perfectly natural fresh-faced teen girl who you’d be proud to have using your product or service.

@RedSilk: The city which is now having bodies in barrels revealed due to the local reservoir drying up didn’t do a thorough investigation of a major industrial accident involving a business that brought in a lot of money, at a time when the mayor was a lawyer for wiseguys? I’m shocked.

I like the turns this thread has taken. And I’m sure Doosh would hate them, so I like them even more. We are soooo cosmopolitan.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw
3 days ago

@ gss ex-noob

TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
3 days ago

I’m beyond delighted contemplating how Doosh would hate everything I say and do.

Nequam
Nequam
2 days ago

@Surplus: The Nutty Professor film you’re thinking of is a remake of a 1963 Jerry Lewis film; the Lewis film doesn’t have as radical a physical transformation (at least in part due to the FX technology of the time).

@Jenoa: For another example of a seeming physical transformation purely through acting, consider Christopher Reeve in the 1978 Superman movie:

All body language and voice tone.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
2 days ago

@Nequam: I always wondered how nobody ever twigged to Superman and Clark being the same guy till that scene. Nobody’s done it better before or since.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Nequam, Surplus to Requirements:
Yes, I was referring to the older Jerry Lewis film, which was also a whole lot more subtle in its humour. Even if ‘subtle’ isn’t usually a word people think of when they think of Jerry Lewis comedies.

@Nequam, GSS ex-noob:
Oh yes, I’ve heard several people say variations on ‘I didn’t think anybody could actually pull off that double life until I saw Christopher Reeve in the first Superman movie’.

I actually played with a bit of that in a superhero character I wrote at one point. Her father was a Broadway actor and her mother was a makeup artist; she had managed to pull off not only a superhero career but also a career as a fairly well-known singer without anybody being likely to recognize her as either while walking down the street. There are some interesting little quirks in human perception that can be quite useful for this sort of thing, and a lot of it is the same sort of thing caricaturists use: people don’t remember what you actually look like; people generally have a ‘default face’ in their head and remember in what ways you deviate from that average. A caricaturist can make someone recognizable with just a few lines by emphasizing those features. It’s also part of what leads to the ‘all you Chinese people look alike’ attitude; someone who didn’t grow up around any Chinese people will have a mental ‘default face’ that doesn’t include any of their features.

And that sort of thing has other significant real-world consequences. Not only for bringing people in to identify suspects, but even for automated systems. We’ve had several cases show up where computers had trouble distinguishing people for exactly the same reasons: the facial recognition systems were only trained using pictures of white men, and then had trouble dealing with anybody else.

Full Metal Ox

@Jenora Feuer:

And then there’s the Google search algorithm that equated dark-skinned Black people with gorillas: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/12/google-racism-ban-gorilla-black-people

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Full Metal Ox:
My ‘favourite’ story about that sort of thing doesn’t even involve images. This was a bit over 30 years ago, and a big-name University was responding to accusations of racism and sexism in their admissions process by implementing a computer neural network to do much of the admissions filtering, and training it to look for the right things on the transcripts. (I don’t remember the name of the University, so take this as you will.)

The result was tested by other folks in much the same way these things are usually tested: send otherwise identical transcripts with different personal details. And the computer system showed signs of racist and sexist decision-making as well. Why? Because the training data they had fed into the neural network included the names of the students. The computer could tell that in the past, otherwise identical transcripts were treated differently based on things like how long a name was or whether the name ended in a vowel, and it learned all of those ‘rules’. Basically, the computer had been trained to detect when a name looked ‘foreign’ or ‘female’ because that had been noticeably used as a criteria to reject applications in the past.

Retraining the neural network after removing the name and other personal data from the transcripts produced a much more equitable result.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
2 days ago

Love that scene from the Christopher Reeve Superman.

I’m the kind of fan who has declared on numerous occasions that we aren’t seeing Superman when Clark takes off the glasses. We’re seeing Kal-El.

ETA: That having been said, I think Tyler Hoechlin comes close:

Last edited 2 days ago by Victorious Parasol
Moon Custafer

@Jenora Feuer:

A lot of iconic performers (Dolly Parton is the one who springs to mind first) apparently have no problem going out in public without being recognized when they want, because most people recognize them by their costumes, wigs, etc.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Moon Custafer:
There was a line about that sort of thing in Babylon 5. Garibaldi (head of security) was talking about going into one of the more ‘slummy’ parts of the station. The person he was with asked if that was a good idea, wouldn’t he be recognized? Garibaldi responded, “First off, when I go there as head of security, people don’t see me, they see the badge. And second…” he pulled out a hat and put it on his head, obscuring his very blatant and obvious ‘widow’s peak’ baldness pattern, “I have an impenetrable disguise.”

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani

@GSS ex-noob,

So in other words, the Las Vegas detective squad is standing around saying ‘so THAT’S where all those guys who invented the how-to-legally-cheat-at-blackjack-tables schemes disappeared to!’ At least they can close up a decent portion of their Cold Case pile now, it seems.

@Alan,

A few years before he died, Siegfried admitted in an interview that there was no way they could do their act like that today, given how the public’s attitude towards performing animals had changed. Though it does raise the question if a variation of that act could be done, if things were adjusted to make it clear the animals were getting something they wanted out of performing. Like, when the tiger jumps out of the mirrored ball it gets fed a meat snack where the audience can see, showing the tiger got something tasty for its troubles. ASSuming having all the humans do a ‘Bow Before Zod!’ to the tiger isn’t already a reward in itself. 😀

Or to use a different example: several years ago someone out West decided to create their own version of Barcelona’s Running of the Bulls to attract tourists to their area. The article I read about this attempt mentioned a few differences the recreation had to the original, like rubber caps on the bulls’ horns to prevent goring, and having the participants sign a wavier before running. Plus it was mentioned that the bulls were taught that if they ran down this chute at top speed when asked to do so, they’d find food waiting for them. So from the animals’ POV they had a good reason to run down the chute – something tasty to eat. Does the presence of a wanted reward help make things better for everyone?

As to history of magic / special effects discussion, I think there’s a book to be had in tracing the history of various magic tricks and how they’ve been used over the millenium, and why. Assuming that one doesn’t already exist, it would be a fascinating read and research project.

And those old movie clips demonstrate again that pre-CGI special effects were just as sophisticated in their way as the modern stuff. Filters, makeup, and misdirection can go an awful long way when needed.

Threp
Threp

@Redsilkphoenix

The Secret History of Magic by Lamont and Steinmeyer is likely what you’d be looking for. It’s an interesting read.

There is another book called The Secret ART of Magic which is interesting in a whole different way – it’s entirely about misdirection and is based on the Art of War (90% of which is about misdirection anyway).

Last edited 2 days ago by Threp
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani
2 days ago

And naturally while I was composing my last post between customers, the conversation moved on to better topics….. :/

I heard a story once about Marilyn Monroe. One day she and a friend were walking down a busy street, and the friend remarked about how odd it was nobody was noticing her. Monroe turned to them and snapped ‘oh, so you want to see HER!’ and stood there for a second and ‘shifted’. All of a sudden everyone around them was going ‘OMG IT’S MARILYN MONROE!!!!’ and started pestering her. And the friend, I think, was standing there utterly amazed someone could do that kind of a transformation well away from a soundstage.

Moral of these transformation stories: some celebrities develop camouflage skills just to do their routine boring chores unmolested by their adoring fans.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani

@Threp,

Another book to (somehow) track down and read. Thanks.

Btw, were you referring to this book when talking about The Secret ART of Magic:

That’s what the Siri lookup function found for me when I asked it to find the ART book.

Threp
Threp

@Redsilkphoenix

Not that one, although it looks like something I’ll be tracking down! Secret Art is by Evans and Craver. Both street magicians.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
2 days ago

@Vicky P: Yes, Tyler is my second fave Superman, and the best since Reeve. Also a great Superdad/Clark Dad.

@RedSilk: I bet the writers of CSI are clamoring to get back on the air too.

The cops have been quick to say they won’t be able to solve everything. Skeletons with no other evidence that have degraded won’t be identified. Some of the remains are probably boaters who drowned decades ago, and a few of them might even be pioneers or Natives.

They’re pretty sure the guy in the barrel with shoes from mid-70s to mid-80s made somebody mad, though.

(Also, it’s KNEEL before Zod, speaking of Superman.)

Back on the original topic, I think not only cosmopolitans but also suburbanites and rural people deserve to be free of Roosh. (And so do his parents.)

1 4 5 6
147
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x