anti-Semitism christianity misogyny PUA religious right roosh v

Roosh V leads a “peasant revolt” against rootless cosmopolitanism, soybean oil, and beard trimmers

Roosh resists temptation

Back in his pickup artist days, Roosh Valizadeh was rather fond of fornication, engaging in it as often as possible with women he described as “lubricated holes,” and writing a small library of self-published books devoted to his distinctly rapey version of “game.”

Then, some three years ago, Roosh found (his version of) God while on ‘shrooms, gave up his career as a pickup guru, and took up a new career as a raging religious reactionary and far-right “thinker.” Now he writes blog posts with titles like “5 Reasons Why You Should Never Experiment With Casual Sex,” “Modern Psychiatry Is Demonic,” and “How To React When Relatives Attack Your Conversion To Orthodoxy.”

I know I should probably move on from Roosh, but I still see his posts on my Feedly feed, and I can’t help clicking on his clickbait.

Today the article that grabbed my attention was one with the melodramatic title “I Am The Peasant Revolt.” The post, a mixture of right-wing conspiracy theory and grandiose narcissism, opens with this declaration:

It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. I’m not supposed to be sharing the truth with you. They had a specific plan for me, but I figured out what it was and revolted against it. They punished me to get me back in line, but I will never follow them.

Hoo boy.

So what is he going on about? Well, he starts the essay proper by talking about the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which he portrays as a plot by “a certain demographic in America” — he means “the Jews” — to open the country to a flood of immigrants from the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. Including his own parents, who took advantage of the opportunity to migrate from Iran (his dad) and Turkey (his Armenian mom).

Little did they know that they were part of a vast conspiracy against white, Christian Americans.

The plan of the regime [he means the US government] was simple: culturally sterilize the white population, their greatest threat to power … and replace them with atomized non-European people who will obey any directive to come and reside in the United States to enjoy its first-world comforts. Through the pursuit of their material self-interests, my parents unknowingly consented to this plan.

Not only that, but they had a couple of kids, one of them being Roosh,

who were supposed to accept without question the prime directives of the regime: consumerism, comfort, casual sex. Their son abided by this plan and exceeded it to a foul degree. He injected the sexual revolution with the addition of steroids, spreading degeneracy around the Western world and unknowingly aiding the depopulation agenda through the fulfillment of his carnal desires.

I’m not sure how having sometimes unprotected sex contributes to the “depopulation agenda,” but do go on.

He was supposed to be a rootless Cosmopolitan who supports abortion and foments grievances against America for being racist against non-whites. He was supposed to feed the divide-and-conquer plan of men versus women so they would never pairbond and create families. He was supposed to be an obedient corporate worker, a mindless consumer, an enjoyer of soybean oil.

Oh no, not the soybean oil!

Roosh suggests that the US is now flooded with “peasants”

who were educated in atheist universities to be shown a window of the pleasurable ways of the world of man,

But some revolted against all these cosmopolitan delights

and went on to flatly refuse to be a little machine for creating wealth and consent for the oligarchs, or a subhuman beast to satisfy sinful desires, but instead unsheathed the sword of God to speak of the truth of Lord Jesus Christ?

I think that’s just you, dude, unless you’re raising some sort of peasant army.

If you put the truth above all, even above the gratification that comes from physical intimacy, which most men cannot do, you will eventually come face to face with the Almighty Creator, and that’s what happened to me at the age of 39, when I received the grace of God and rejected the plan of the regime to serve their will, when I rejected the plan of Satan to give him my soul.

Having followed the career of Roosh for many years, I’m not entirely sure he has a soul to lose. Despite his alleged “repentance” he has yet to address his real sins — not using soybean oil but, you know, pressuring women into unwanted sex and teaching others his strategies for doing so.

They gave me a degree in microbiology to use in developing vaccines, and I now use that knowledge to forcefully speak out against vaccines.

Don’t credit God for this; this is just stupidity on your part.

They gave me the internet and computer technology to be programmed by their words, and I attempt to counter that programming with my own words. They gave me the experiences of promiscuity, travel, and minor fame, and I use those experiences to speak of the harm of having attachments to this temporal, fallen world.

Does your God have anything to say about your overweening narcissism? You remember that bit in the Bible about pride going before a fall? I guess not.

Their plan has failed and they cannot stop me, because even if I am imprisoned or killed, they will only increase the intensity of the spotlight that I shine on Lord Jesus Christ, who is the progenitor of any good word I may say or good deed I may do in this life.

Roosh really wants to be some sort of martyr. An extremely hairy martyr.

I guess it beats working a 9-5 job actually doing something worthwhile for humanity like microbiology.

The second I started to speak the truth outside of their Overton window, the regime activated against me. Their peasant was not behaving correctly. Small punishments tried to get me in line, but then bigger ones, until I was banned from numerous platforms and even nations.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that had less to do with you “speaking the truth” than it had to do with you advocating the legalization of rape.

They should have never let my parents enter this country. Their peasant was obedient at first, but he has turned into a soldier of God, not with weapons but with his words, body, and soul. May God give us all the strength to speak the truth of Him until our deaths, because we are the peasant revolt.

You’re not “the peasant revolt.” You’re just revolting.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
17 days ago

I don’t remember her ever being concerned with my appearance.

Read my earlier comments. I judge all cis men by physical appearance first. I am ruthless about it. And I’m proud that I am. When a man or really any person of any gender doesn’t like that I’m happy.

This is an online space so as I already said I obviously don’t know about anyone’s identity or appearance unless THEY make it know like this man did. If any person is just addressing the commenters in general then I don’t care. But when a man who makes known his physical appearance is unacceptable to me and still dares to speak directly to me he has no excuse for having invoke my wrath.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@TyrantBitchGoddessStacey:
This Kate Beaton cartoon seems to sum it upcomment image?w=660

comment image?w=660
Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
17 days ago

Oops, apologies for the double image in my post.

Full Metal Ox

@.45:

I suppose that was a bit rich for me of all people to say that.

Be assured that I’m no social virtuoso either; they weren’t looking for The Spectrum when boomers were in school, but I’m told that I give people that impression.

TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey

@Moon Custafer

I love that! SO MUCH! It deserved to go up twice! Thank you!

And I love that the woman is a beautiful supernatural female-appearing being!

Alan Robertshaw

@ full metal ox

Yeah, he seems to have adopted the la costra nostra approach to keeping secrets.

He’s also the guy oft mentioned in connection with Operation Fortitude. There may have been some exaggeration as to his role; especially by himself, but it is true that the camouflage department did recruit all sorts of characters. It’s a fascinating tale.

And I’m glad you pointed out why Van Halen and other bands have such seemingly ridiculous demands in riders. As you say, it’s not rock star pretensions, there is a genuine reason. As well as being a quality control check, by making such demands conditions of the contract, they can lawfully pull a gig if they’re not happy with how things are being run.

A particularly well established band had a great rider. It began:

“The artist requires the following…” Then listed things like dressing rooms, showers, certain foods etc.

But the next clause was “However we’ve been doing this long enough to know that what we’ll actually get will be…” And then went on about having to change in the toilet and just send out for KFC.

C.A. Collins
C.A. Collins
17 days ago

Interest of upfront disclosure: I’m as a-romantic as they come but not asexual. Looks were never as important to me as how a potential partner moved.

That said, someone who only wants to date red-headed people exactly 5’9″ doesn’t pick my pocket; the other person is attracted to what they’re attracted to.

Someone who can’t/won’t deal with people they consider unattractive? Sounds a small, constricted, miserable way to live to me, but again, it’s not going to break my leg. I’ll just avoid them on the principle that we’re not going to have enough in common to make an effort, even if I happened to be their platonic ideal of a mate.

Howard, you can do likewise. Someone isn’t attracted to you? Shake the dust off your shoes and move on to the next person on your two unbroken legs. There’s all sorts of tastes out there, you’ll find someone who you fit with if you don’t keep insisting everyone must give you a shot whether or not they find you their type.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meani

@Alan,

Thank you for the book recommendation. I’ll have to track down a copy and read it, since I have a fondness for stage magic. The Victorian stuff sounds especially interesting, at least to me. I don’t know if I really want to know how many of the magic acts I enjoyed watching on TV growing up were really put on by unrepentant bastards, but that seems to be the price for reading the history parts, so…. :/

TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
17 days ago

I hope I haven’t been insulting with any of my rambling above.

You insult me by addressing me directly AT ALL given that you have shown that you are man who MAKES CLEAR he KNOWS his physical appearance doesn’t meet my standards for a male TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED BY ME for interacting with me. That is the first thing that I care about. A man’s own interest or lack of interest in having anything to do with me is completely irrelevant to me until that first criteria is met.

but I want to clarify, since other people have mentioned a negative impression of you: I don’t have any real problems with you on this blog

Then respect my way of life and standards! I don’t care if you don’t understand why I have them, don’t agree with them or find them just bizarre as some people here said. Notice how the people who say that just make the comment generally and don’t necessarily direct it to me, or say that they do not agree with me or find my decisions incomprehensible but just say it generally? There is no problem with that.

I don’t think we are destined to become friends.

I do not have cis male “friends”! I have made that clear. A cis man to me is a body before anything else and I JUDGE HARSHLY! If his body and appearance is one I find attractive then maybe he has potential as entertainment and as a worshipper. That’s it. I don’t force anyone to interact with me, in an online space, in a live space or whatever. Once again you could have written your statement neutrally just to the overall community of commenters. If anyone of any gender or appearance, whether I am aware of those things or not, just makes their comment generally, so what.

But you volunteered that information about yourself and then just addressed me directly. Considering what you admitted you knew about me and my preferences, having claimed to have read what I share here and actually like it, the level of your disrespect to me is reprehensible!

We don’t appear to click.

This is so arrogant. You state this with a tone of presumption that we see should see each other as equals. We are not. I see you as a disgusting being of no interest or use to me. And let me make this VERY clear: that IS based first on your appearance as described by YOU voluntarily.

I don’t care for your over the top attitude

Then I will be MORE over the top!

you don’t seem to like my less than admiring attitude.

There are many things I find disgusting about you. See above.

This is not a matter or mere dislike. For me it is a matter of disgust, rage and divinely-inspired wrath.

You come across with this “live and let live” attitude and try to divert readers from your disrespect by criticizing the troll but I sense NiceGuy-ism behind your supposed “live and let live” attitude.

I also detect some of the NiceGuy post-rejection rhetoric of “oh yeah well I wazunt really intrist’d anyway!” I don’t know really for sure of course because I’m not in your head but looking back at how you interacted with me when I used my StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved nym and even when I started using this one it doesn’t quite add up.

Last edited 17 days ago by TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
17 days ago

Someone who can’t/won’t deal with people they consider unattractive? Sounds a small, constricted, miserable way to live to me

I realize others of different preferences will see it that way and I get why. Living this way with such fierce rigidity is not actually easy in practical terms and I couldn’t do it without all the logistical support I am lucky to have! But I’m doing as long-term living ongoing statement of artistic expression about patriarchy. It’s also rewarding and gratifying in many ways both emotionally and for me certainly sensually fulfilling. All that is wrapped up together with my desire to be outrageous and absolutely authentic in my outrageousness.

That seems reasonable from your point of view! This reads are more truly “live and let live” than disrespectful creep above.

Threp
Threp
17 days ago

Bit late to the party here, but … he’s broke again, isn’t he. And parents have refused to bail him out this time.

That’d be my take on Roosh’s tripe.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Threp

I’m not sure if it’s about money or about the kind of attention he wants.

Everything I’ve seen from him tells me that this is a petulant small-minded man who wants what he wants when he wants. Dude. You could be making a contribution to society, or at least not be a total bonkeyhead. Please, try one of those options instead of being annoying.

Threp
Threp
17 days ago

@VP Good to see you and was pleased about your news a few weeks back. 🙂

I’m going to be fairish to Roosh and say he does make a small contribution to society as he is. Being an object lesson in what not to do, a sort of breathing PSA if you would, is a public service of a kind.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Threp

Thank you! It’s good to have that behind me, especially since the recent stupidity around Roe v Wade would’ve added an extra layer of stress to the whole thing for me.

You are indeed being fairish, and more than I can manage myself far as that particular yutz is concerned. I’d rather he see the error of his ways and model better behavior, but I have not managed to become dictator of the universe, so guess I’ll have to leave that in the lap of the gods, as certain pagan acquaintances would say.

Prophet309
Prophet309
16 days ago

I’d like to make clear the following comment is addressed to everyone, not anyone in particular.

…presumption that we see should see each other as equals. We are not. I see you as a disgusting being…

Am I misinterpreting, or am I actually allowed to tell other regulars they’re beneath me and imply they’re subhuman?

Alan Robertshaw
16 days ago

@ redsilkphoenix

If you can track a copy I think you might enjoy it. I love magic; but especially the technical side. I find a lot of tricks even more impressive because I do know how they’re done; and just how hard it is to pull them off properly. The book though isn’t primarily ‘secrets revealed!’. It’s more about the history. So whilst it does go into some of the general principles of the tricks, that’s to illustrate how the technology developed rather than to ‘spoil’.

This scene is based on a real performer; who could actually do that transformation live. I only recently found out how it’s done. It’s very clever. See also John Barrymore in the 1930s film.

Alan Robertshaw
16 days ago

Further to my dishwasher dog case, we did have a bit of good news this week. All the lawyers involved in pushing animal personhood keep in touch and update each other. So just got news of this one.

Divorce case. Issue: who gets the dog?

Now the starting point when splitting things up is, who paid for it, who does it actually belong to? But the judge said he did not regard the dog as mere property. So it didn’t matter who paid for it. He would make an order ‘in the best interests of the dog’ regardless of who had the better claim.

So that’s a minor victory; and we are all in this for the long haul.

Alan Robertshaw
16 days ago

Speaking of magic, this is my favourite stage trick ever; performed by one of my fave magic acts. So many people do this one; but even they acknowledge the Pendragons as still the best. The degree of physicality involved is enormous. Charlotte got so fit doing their stage act she ended up winning some bodybuilding prizes as a sideline. David Copperfield got the Pendragons in as consultants when he adopted this trick into his act. And he ended up having to use giant electromagnets to be able to move as fast as Charlotte does.

Full Metal Ox
16 days ago

@epitome of incomprehensibility:

It’s funny, because I used to daydream that I’d find love when I was a published author – the person would read something by me and fell in love instantly or something https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/13.1.0/svg/1f61b.svg This was close enough!

That scenario reminds me of the sort of Heian novels where a literary gentleman would fall in love on the basis of a lady’s correspondence, deducing the beauty of her person from that of her calligraphy.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
16 days ago

@Stacey: I suppose if the man is intimidated enough to behave by my mild correction, he would be unsuitable for you, and that’s useful data too.

I’d think the flying men should need to be able to strike many different poses at the crack of your whip, changing each time as you call out positions.

@Alan: The best interests of the animal should always be considered, even if you do think the pet is a lesser creature. It still has needs and feelings. Possibly the best interests of the dishwasher should also be thought of; no point in wasting a useful appliance on someone who’s going to trash it.

I am one of those people who wants to know ALL the “how it’s done” bits of magic. IIRC, Copperfield had to change or stop one of his tricks being done on TV once enough people got VCRs and could go frame by frame and see how he did it. “Yep, right there, that’s where the switch occurred and he’s running like hell to the other spot.”

TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
TyrantBitchGoddessStacey
16 days ago

@GSS ex-noob

Oh, interesting point. Harsh correction is as much for my gratification as demonic goddess as anything else, and their willingness to subject themselves to it is (part of the art) a matter of their worship.

See, this is why I LOVE you! That is exactly the spirit. I would enjoy that so much and be impossibly demanding so that no matter how hot and beautiful they actually looked (and with these guys they would) I would still be unsatisfied and would just get angrier. The emotional energy at work would be part of the statement.

There also needs to be some way to work in the disappointment of NiceGuys in. I have to think about that more.

Deloria
Deloria
16 days ago

I would quite like to be a Rooshless cosmopolitan. Maybe we can all aspire to that.

Alan Robertshaw
16 days ago

@ gss ex-noob

It still has needs and feelings.

Yeah. Our goal is to get the law to recognise that.

Currently though, to use extend the dishwasher analogy, if you take your dishwasher to be repaired and it transpires it just can’t be fixed, it matters not that they may have scratched it whilst in the repair shop. The argument being that, as the dishwasher is now scrap, you haven’t lost anything extra just because it is now also damaged elsewhere.

There was also the technical issue that any claim for suffering would actually be the dog’s own claim (which would then vest in his owners as beneficiaries of the dog’s estate); but at the moment animals can’t bring claims in their own right. Even though companies can. So you can see why it’s a struggle. We’ll get there though.

It’s hard enough though to recover for human losses.

More on that here
There are a limited number of people who can claim bereavement damages. Essentially, the claim is limited to spouses or civil partners, parents in respect of the death of an unmarried minor child and more recently, for causes of action accruing on or after 6 October 2020, cohabitees (by virtue of the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 (Remedial) Order 2020 – for a detailed discussion click here). There is only one award, which must be divided between the eligible claimants. The award is fixed from time to time by statutory instrument (see here), and at the date of publication stands at £15,120.

Partly as a result of the limited category of bereavement, not least the lack of any award to a child for the loss of a parent, there have developed a number of authorities dealing with an award for loss of love and affection. With children who have lost a parent, that commences with the case of Regan v Williamson [1976] 1 WLR 305. A series of cases have basically suggested that insofar as there is any financial compensation, it is not for loss of love and affection but for the intangible benefit of having a partner able to carry out, for example, DIY, childcare and the like. The compensation appears to be made as recompense for time spent in getting in commercial help for something which would otherwise have been done gratuitously by the deceased. Where awarded, the sum is in the region of £2,500. On this point, see for example Magill v Panel Systems (DB) Limited [2017] EWHC 1517.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer
16 days ago

@Alan:
Ahh, Metamorphosis. One of the tricks that Harry Houdini helped make famous; he used to do that one with his brother, and later on with his wife. Though my recollection is that he bought the equipment and the understanding of how to do it from someone else, he definitely made it more famous than the previous owner. Because let’s be honest, Houdini was a master showman as well as a master escape artist. And his wife was sometimes very much part of the ‘act’. (Like the time he got strip-searched and locked up in a prison cell, his wife gave him a kiss before leaving, and she passed lockpicks from her mouth to his during the kiss.)

There’s a webcomic I was pointed to recently called ‘Widdershins’, which is essentially late Victorian England with actual magic as well as stage magic (and occasional vaguely steampunk bits), with at least one of the main characters doing both. But last year there was a strip of a discussion occurring during a stage magic show, and the trick being performed on the stage was very obviously ‘Metamorphosis’ even if we only saw a few panels of it.

Also, with regards to ‘real performers’ and ‘transformations’, I still remember the classic Jerry Lewis movie ‘The Nutty Professor’. At the climax as his charisma potion wears off, you get to see Jerry Lewis transform from the debonair stage personality back into the little nebbish professor on camera with only a couple of audience reaction cuts. Pretty much just him shifting his voice, adjusting his posture, stuttering and pulling out his glasses at one point. That’s the scene I use as an example if anybody ever says Jerry Lewis couldn’t act.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
16 days ago

My recollection is rather vague, but I thought “The Nutty Professor” was the one with the magic anti-obesity formula that I’m calling magic because it flagrantly violated nearly every conservation law in the physics book? (Mass being the most obvious, but consider also momentum, if the transformation took effect or wore off on a moving train; or angular momentum, if on a merry-go-round … I suppose you could hand-wave something about dark matter or neutrinos, though in that case the technology was being woefully under-used. Clean energy from dark matter windmills exploiting Earth’s motion through the galaxy! Break the tyranny of the rocket equation by de-massing the propellant tanks and/or using dark matter sails! The galaxy could be ours and they use it to make one obese guy svelte temporarily whenever he has a date?!)

147
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x