antifeminism armageddon crackpottery has possibly never spoken to a woman men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny none dare call it conspiracy patriarchy rape culture reddit sexual exploitation women's jobs aren't real

Just some MGTOWS dreaming of the apocalypse – and how it’ll make ladies less stuck-up

Man going his post-apocalyptic way
Man going his post-apocalyptic way

It’s no big secret that many doomsday preppers yearn for the apocalypse — if for no other reason than the opportunities it will provide them to say “I told you so” to all those who doubted their paranoid fantasies. And to possibly shoot some of these unprepared scoffers when they come begging for food.

Nowhere is this more obvious than amongst those apocalypse-fantasizers who’ve convinced themselves that it will be feminism, rather than volcanic eruptions or nuclear war or Donald Trump, that will bring about the end of the world.

On the Men Going Their Own way subreddit, the regulars are talking apocalypse, as modern misogynists are wont to do. And it is as revealing as these exercises always are.

A fellow called BagOfBrokenBits dreams of a not-very-distant future in which uppity ladies “will do whatever they are told.”

The future as I see it, is that as society collapses around us (5-15 years?) most women outside of a tightly controlled patriarchal group simply will not survive, because nobody will put up with their sh*t long enough to feed them. When resources are scarce they will not be able to defend what they have and most lack the health, strength and abilities to obtain or build what they need. There will be no feminism, there will be patriarchy. Men will work together as they always have, in challenging and horrific conditions. Women will do whatever they are told because conditions will be too harsh to tolerate dissent.

And Mr. Bag will be one of those doing the telling, because of all the toiletries he is hoarding:

I am a Prepper. I currently have stores of food, toiletries etc for five years with tools, seeds etc to extend that.

He’s apparently filling his doomsday bunker with as many canned goods as he can get his hands on:

It has been noted that in past shortages due to wars an afternoon with a woman can be had for a tin of … anything really.

You know what I mean, you know what I mean? Nudge nudge say no more!

The pros and cons of the apocalypse:

Cons:

• Death of most of the human race
  • Contamination of water sources with dead bodies
  • No medical care beyond basic first aid
  • Return to stone age civilization

Pros:

• Women will have sex with you for a can of beans

AOF_Semiramis suggests moving to New Zealand. And he has some interesting thoughts about Pokemon GO.

Go complete ghost in New Zealand or the likes.Heck even in the US with private as fuck properties.Grow your own food,have stable ways to get water and raise animals a la farm.Fish too if your near a lake.Assuming your far away enough,lake is isolated enough,your too far from idiot humans and any large concentration of them,then nukes won’t land on your spot too since it would be a waste of resources.(Its why the CIA funded Pokemon GO. So the brainless droves would fill the map for them.Obviusly there are still holes.)

Surviving the apocalypse is so easy that even a kid could do it!

Also..a 15 year old discovered an ancient city due to studying the stars in Central America.So you can bet that there are other places in the world where you can live safely.

Make sure to pack popcorn, for all the gloating you’ll be doing.

I know its f*cked up,but nothing you can do to stop it. You can only save yourself at most.So just chill,get some popcorn,and just accept the f*cking up.

timoppenheimer, meanwhile, doesn’t seem to be doing any prepping beyond living as selfishly as he can:

WWIII is coming, and I am horrified too, OP.

My plan is to enjoy my life. They already took my foreskin; fuck society, I’m living my life for me.

Talkytalktalk is evidently a fan of Alex Jones:

This is the great culling of the human population. The eugenics population reduction freaks are going to kill billions and out the rest under the yoke of totalitarianism. It takes a woman to pick the runts and dispose of them.

But which woman? WHICH WOMAN!?

I need to know now so I can mangina my way into her good graces before the culling.

EverythingIsRidiculous
EverythingIsRidiculous

No, stay the hell out of New Zealand, MGTOW. Kiwi women are feminist as fuck and have had the vote since 1893. Also, we are not some mythical land that only exists as an escape hatch for people having a tantrum.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Not sure if still stuck in the limbo of moderation. Too bad the troll left while I was in there – I guess you could say changing my name at that moment was… a bad call !

… I’ll get me coat.

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

@Handsome Jack I read all your post in Grunkle Stan’s voice.

comment image

There’s nothing that makes me happier than when people read my posts in the voices of fictional characters. I don’t know why.

Re: survival skills, if that’s relevant still, IDK, I skipped some posts

I actually have a few of those. I can identify some edible plants, know how to prepare some non edible plants to make them edible, I know some poisonous plants off the bat (at least I’ve gotten poison oak enough as a kid to know what it looks like), I know what water you should drink from, how to collect water, how to purify it, I know how to garden (I’ve been able to grow stuff better than my mother even), I know how to dry out meat and cure it, I know some basic cooking, I know pretty basic first aid, I’m a pretty quick learner for some stuff, and I can lift heavy stuff. I do lack stamina for walking long distances, but a few months into the apocalypse, that could be fixed if I don’t die first, which I probably would still.

I think what would probably kill me the fastest is that I’m stubborn, don’t take shit, and like to be in charge, and if I was in charge, I’d make some unpopular decisions because I would totally fucking sacrifice people for the good of the collective. (You know who’d you be.) Plus I am made of delicious meat, which would be pretty hard to get, but , hey I’d get it.

You guys have permission to cannibalise my corpse for anything you might need in the apocalypse if we ever happen to get in an apocalyptic situation together. If Fight Club taught me anything is that my fat would make nice soap, which some of you know how to make. I’m cool with it.

Use my skull as a scepter, though.

Dalillama

@ Everythingisridiculous

Also, New Zealand is actually a terrible place to ride out the apocalypse; there’s no way that nearly 5 million people can make it on islands that size without modern infrastructure and technology. There’s also no place more than 160 km from a major city, the populations of which will spread out like locusts looking for food until basically everything edible is gone. A few cannibals might eke out a living on their fellows until the ecology recovered enough to support them, but it wouldn’t be any fun for anyone.

Snowberry
Snowberry

I’m also always curious what apocalypse dreamers think will happen during the actual apocalypse? We hear a lot about how they’ll survive after the fact, but how will the apocalypse happen?

I’ve actually thought a lot about that in the past. Most of the fictional scenarios don’t make much sense.

If it happens, I expect that it won’t be any one thing, nor will it be sudden. Rather, it will be a slow death march that lasts at least a few decades. Like, water problems over there, no one else can easily spare or get water to them, so they learn to do with very little, but a few percent of the people die as a result. Infrastructure becomes increasingly unreliable, people make an effort to keep up the more important things to a level of minimum functionality, but let the rest decay. Violent crime will increase as the worst of humanity finds that society can no longer tolerate their uselessness and bad behavior. Large-scale governments will find that they have little power outside the general region of the capitol, local governments will occasionally engage small-scale wars over resources. A few nukes will be fired for really stupid reasons, but there will probably be no global nuclear war. And so on. Society will probably collapse to iron age population and technology levels, but retain some of the later knowledge.

And we wouldn’t even know exactly when it started, because it would sneak up on us that gradually. We’d only know that there had been troubles for some time, but not enough to signify an approaching apocalypse.

…Personal skills: I’ve had lots of practice foraging, and catching bugs, snakes, frogs, and crayfish. I know how to make a wide variety of neolithic tools, in theory, but have had very little practice. Not that useful as longs as some modern tools remain, but as long as the apocalypse isn’t sudden and there’s no local blacksmith then I might have time to try to make some crude replacements for tools which were in short supply. Have some experience with carpentry, and know how not to make stupid noob errors when building/designing things made of wood, but I’m hardly an expert. When times get really bad, I often find myself taking the “comfort” role, whether comforting them emotionally, physically, or even sexually. And I think that’s it.

Sedentary Reactionary
Sedentary Reactionary

@Shaenon

I didn’t bring up the topics, but when I was asked, I gave my opinion and it all went down hill from there. An argument had already sort of broken out because someone brought up the elections and though I knew he was an attorney, I had no idea prior to the wedding that my in-law specialized in civil rights. It wasn’t quite as bad as it sounds, but thinks did get kind of heavy for a second there.

Snowberry
Snowberry

Forgot to add cooking to my list of skills. I suck at making fires though.

Hmm, my avatar image seems to have changed.

numerobis
numerobis

I suppose it’s true that once we’ve established our apocalyptic commune, we can harvest some feral grapes and ferment them. It’ll taste like chateauneuf-du-pape for all we’ll care. And we can use other oils than butter if we can’t find a herd of cows.

(If we do, someone else has to take charge of slaughtering the annual veal. That’s the thing that’ll turn me vegan if I ever do give up cheese.)

joekster
joekster

@Snowberry: What you described as the apocalypse almost sounds like Africa right now. Scary.

@sedentary: getting back to the ‘queen nature’ gibberish: If you feel yourself ‘bound by’ nature, what are you doing with a computer? Do you believe it is ‘natural’ for human beings to create technology, machines, and the internet? If so, than how is anything human beings do not natural?

This is a serious question. I spent six months dating a woman who went on and on about how great everything ‘natural’ was, but didn’t have a problem driving a jeep, wearing clothing, and using Skype to communicate. How does that contradiction not just melt ones brains?

@Schildfreja: It was a point you made a while ago, but re. consumerism: You are absolutely correct. The fascinating thing is, consumerism as we experience it today is (at least in the US) a recent innovation. I believe (and as usual, any historians feel free to correct me where wrong) that is started up shortly after Reconstruction here, so the 1890’s, and at the same time, people in the US started to value ‘personality’ rather than the Victorian notion of ‘Character’ and ‘Masculinity’ became the male role model rather than the older notion of ‘Manliness’.

In undergrad, I took a class on US history between 1890 and 1929, and one of our textbooks was a tract titled (I think, I’ll dig it out when I get back to Chicago) ‘Manliness and Civilization’. It wasn’t about ‘how the mens make civilization, (though I can understand how it may seem that way from the title), but about how the male gender role was transformed by the rise of consumer culture. It was a fascinating read.

@whomever mentioned a wedding probably isn’t the best time to bring up political arguments (sorry, I can’t find the post 🙁 ): my residency program director used to tell me, ‘You’ve got to ask yourself, is this a hill you want to stand, fight, bleed and die on?’ It’s advice I have trouble following myself (which is why my PD had to give it to me several times), but it is solid advice.

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

I went through a major survivalist phase as a preteen. I can build an insulated temporary shelter in about an hour, start a fire without matches, split wood with an axe, and I know all the edible plants that grow wild in my area. I used to go on walks as a kid and eat lunch from the meadow as I went and come home all filled up and happy as a clam! I can also collect freshwater even in areas where the water is contaminated or unsafe. Also, I love gardening.

I may not know how to hunt, but in a pinch you don’t really need to. Crickets and grasshoppers were good enough for our ancestors, they’re good enough for me, at least until I learn to use a gun.

I’m always joking with my mum that in the apocalypse, I’m a good girl to have on your team.

LindsayIrene

Axecalibur is our monarch here. They pulled the axe from the stone, you know

Wait, I thought there was something involving a watery tart throwing a sword?

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

@LindsayIrene

Haha! Loving the Monty Python reference!

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

most lack the health, strength and abilities to obtain or build what they need.

What the what? These guy have a funny sense of the word “most”

Also I can’t speak for anyone else here but I’m only “stuck up” so that every nobody can tear me down. (I’m not *really* stuck-up, I just use that comeback towards anyone who calls me stuck-up)

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@joek

What you described as the apocalypse almost sounds like Africa right now

1.1b people spread out to over 50 countries and 12m square miles as part of at least 1250 ethnolinguistic groups. Do be more specific *stern but not quite angry look*

Sedentary Reactionary
Sedentary Reactionary

@joekster

There’s nothing particularly unnatural about apes using and making tools, blockhead; plenty of animals do it (crows and beavers alike have been known to use them). You are still an animal, and it might be wise to specify what you mean by ‘natural’ before you blather on about humans using tools being somehow ‘unnatural’. The many laws of nature don’t stop existing just because you live in civilization; you may live in a house, but doesn’t mean that the laws of gravity, natural selection, etc. no longer apply to you. You still need to eat, sleep, etc., and you still contract illnesses and die. THAT is what I mean when I refer to the sovereignty of nature, not this Jason Mraz “get back to the earth” granola bullshit you seem to be thinking of.

Even if I am using a computer to though to talk about nature or whatever, I don’t see how that is relevant; you live in a patriarchal, capitalist society, yet many of you here rail against both of these things (on computers produced in these societies, nevertheless). Does that invalidate your arguments, somehow?

Handsome Jack

I’m with you when the Hunger Games start. I called Ktoryx.

Moggie
Moggie

I thought we were an anarcho-syndicalist commune? You know, we take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

That said I can cook, sterilize water, fish (not all that well, but still can). I can’t hunt until I learn to use a gun, but I can sustain a pescetarian diet. The main survival skills I have going for me are my strong will and a tendency to learn quickly.

@Moggie: How will we decide who’s the leader for the week? A 2/3rd majority vote?

Bryce
Bryce

Obviously hasn’t played Fallout. Otherwise he’d know it would be best for women to stay away from the majority men after this societal collapse thingy (okay there are female bandits/fiends in the games but on the whole…).

Sedentary Reactionary
Sedentary Reactionary

@V:SJN

Not a good idea; in a society like that, I imagine that it would be easy to oppress others based on who has the greater number of votes. If the society is small enough and everyone knows each other, they might be biased in favor of voting for their friends.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@Sedentary Reactionary, you said earlier,

Leftists hate nature and see nothing divine in it, because it isn’t sufficiently egalitarian for their liking. This is yet another one of the ways in which liberal-democratic thinking has ruined us, people have come to expect so much fairness in modern times that they can no longer look upon the majesty of our most powerful monarch, Queen Nature, with respect any longer. The hubristic apes of the left would dethrone her if they could, because she is not too kind to them and their utopian fantasies.

And then later on you said

Sir, if you are going to profess a love of the sacredness of nature, and feel offense when the oppressive, profane “leftists” deride it, you should not then denigrate the people who do express the deep and sacred love for nature that you champion. Even if you think that how they express it is silly.

The people you feel are shallow are not shallow, your eyes simply cannot focus into their depths.

The people you feel are stupid are not stupid, you are looking at a tiny sliver of their lives, and you have missed the deep contexts in which they live.

The people you feel your inferior are not your inferior, you simply convince yourself of that opinion.

I am happy to provide concrete proof of the above statements if you would like it.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

(the above, incidentally, rather cuts to the heart of what bugs me so much about the “traditionalist” “monarchist” people. They say that the rule of the people is a rule of stupid, vain, selfish and brutish people. They see humanity as a sea of miserable idiots with a few bright lights amongst them. It’s a deeply cynical, misanthropic, and outright mean philosophy, and it’s deeply wrong. It feeds from arrogance and solipsism, and bloats into authoritarianism and cruelty when well-fed. It’s a terrible belief system and I dearly wish it would go away. It is, sadly, part of the cognitive landscape, however.)

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Violet + Moggie
I prefer a stronger, central government with a devolved, federal bureaucracy, but, knowing my fellow mammotheers, I’m sure I’d be outvoted on that point at the constitutional phase 😛

Now, I can’t stop thinking about that
*compulsively writes Constitution and gets ever frustrated when it proves outside of skillset*

Sedentary Reactionary
Sedentary Reactionary

@Scildfreja

No, I must disagree; I am in no more need to hold up the views of others in their regards to nature than a person who is fond of fine food is in need of upholding the notion that McDonalds qualifies as such, simply because someone else believes that to be the case.

Also, people are rather quite stupid; how else do you explain the popularity of Hitler, Donald Trump, et al? Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. didn’t kill everyone on their own; they had plenty of help from people who refused for one reason or another to challenge them and allowed themselves to be made subservient to their will.

As we can already see from some of the aforementioned (Hitler) and some current examples (Trump), when people feel threatened, they throw themselves behind insidious strong men who yelp a lot and promise to protect them. People are simply too stupid to live freely, as they will gladly give up their freedoms the moment something frightens them. I simply cannot tell you how many times I’ve told people in my area that their reasons for voting for Trump were ill-founded and that at least 50% of the policies they support are also supported by Clinton, only to have them decide that they are still voting Trump because… Hell, the people in my area all vote republican and fucking gripe about “right to work” policies and low wages 24/7! THIS is what you get in a democracy! And 9 times out of 10, they don’t even fucking know that we are a REPRESENTATIVE democracy, not direct! Democracy = good? People aren’t stupid? HA.

Alan Robertshaw

@ Axe

I think I’ve mentioned this before because it’s my favourite incident in my career to date. But anyway, I once had as my star witness in a case the ex attorney general of Ghana. I had reason to ask him about the prior political situation there. He answered “and then that’s when the President began acting unconstitutionally”

The opposing barrister stood up “I hesitate to interrupt but what qualifies this witness to comment on the constitution of Ghana?”

My chap gave the best answer ever.

“Well, I wrote it.”