evil sexy ladies gloating hypergamy men who really shouldn't be making movies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys patronizing as heck post contains jokes post contains sarcasm reactionary bullshit red pill

New Red Pill film masterpiece offers devastating criticism of women who grow old

Good news, everyone! Another Red Piller has made another terrible short film!

“Naughty Nomad,” a Red Pill travel writer who claims to be known as “The Indiana Jones of Pussy,” has produced a not-quite nine-minute film called I Can Do Better. As he explains it on his website, the little drama “explores themes like hypergamy, female entitlement and spinsterhood.” So if you’re into all that you are in luck!

I don’t want to spoil anything, but rest assured that in the film an old woman apparently sort of regrets rejecting some dudes back when she was younger.

The film isn’t as technically, er, challenged as Davis Aurini’s masterpiece Lust in the Time of Heartache, nor does it include any play-fighting ninjas in fedoras and ill-fitting suits. But it makes up for these deficiencies with some awesomely inept acting — and a script that seems to have come straight from the Red Pill subreddit.

In the film, set in the present day, a young woman named Sonia with an assortment of hair styles rejects a succession of suitors, declaring each time that she could “do better.” (Evidently she is supposed to be aging, as everyone knows that young women with shoulder-length black hair eventually mature into women with long blonde hair.)

In the final scene, also seemingly set in the present day, Sonia has suddenly been transformed into an old woman. But she’s up to her old tricks, rejecting a similarly old suitor because she still thinks she can “do better.” At least that’s what she tells her son and his family, who are waiting in her apartment to drink coffee and eat cookies with her.

But then they suddenly vanish. See, they were imaginary, because no woman who rejects dudes that other people think they should be grateful to date can ever hope to have children.

Apparently this is supposed to be a sad ending, at least for her, even though she gets to eat all of the cookies herself.

There is also a Russian version of the film, in case you were wondering, “hey, is there a Russian version of this film?” Though I’m not sure why you would be wondering that, frankly.

H/T — TheBluePill subreddit

Mrex
Mrex

meanwhile, the “family values” crowd spends an enormous amount of time bleating about keeping the traditional marriage and family intact, and zero time enacting policies that actually help families.-Buttercup Q. Skullpants

But that’s what all the tax breaks for the rich are for-trickle into rich peep’s pockets, er, trickle down! /s

single mom, so I have no choice but to work. (In a lot of families these days, both parents have to work – it’s not a choice or a luxury.

As a single mom, if your income was lower than what getting to work costs, you literally would not be able to work- there would be no partner to borrow the difference from. You would either be on welfare or the street- hence the tongue in cheek comment about work being a “luxury”. The poorer you are, the harder it is to “afford” the ability to work.

Most SAHM are poor and hispanic and home because they have no other option. It’s not the grand, privileged “choice” of white elites that society makes it out to be.

I have a hard time being a’tall pleased with the idea that in ten years, my children should have any business deciding that I have a “responsibility” to take another career/indepedence hit in favor of unpaid domestic work, so they don’t have to, you know?

Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I don’t think that grandparents should give up their jobs so their kids don’t have to, grandparents need to worry about having enough to support themselves in old age (plus all the social/psychological benefits.) But as for all the concerns about freedom, or leisure, yeah, I just don’t get it. My parents *couldn’t* give me the time because of their health, or for work reasons, barring unforeseen circumstances, I don’t want my kids to struggle like I have. Besides, Why would I make the sacrifices I make now for my minor daughters if I expected them to grenade their careers 5-10 years in?

The government will never replace family or friends. What happens in an emergency? Or when both parents can only work nights?

ceebarks
ceebarks

But if grandparents shouldn’t have to give up their careers to provide care, and they should still provide enough care to make a big dent in the childcare bills, when exactly should most of them do this? In my family, grandparents of young children are mostly between 45-60, and working about that many hours a week, too.

I kinda think that romanticizing family care keeps parents from getting real about assessing cost and quality. If childcare is a labor of love, bringing money into it sullies it somehow, I guess. OTOH… if it’s free, it’s not actually worth anything.

I’ve met women who totally resisted hiring childcare even when they KNEW their unpaid caregivers were unreliable, unqualified, or plain old sick of it. I don’t even think it’s always (so much) cheapness as it is that paid caregiving has a weird stigma in some circles, since the family should do it all.

“OMG, me and Hubby NEED a night out. If I could just get someone to watch Dudley! *…hint hint*”

“*not taking it* Dude, you should try my sitter. Awesome college kid, and only like $10/hr. She made watercolor caricatures of the kids. Then she organized the toy bins after the kids went to bed. Goddamned genius.”

“Oh! I could never leave Dudley with a stranger!

But your clearly burned-out cousin who ignores your increasingly frantic babysitting-solicitation texts for days and then barely makes eye contact with your toddler when he arrives is ok?

(ppl are weird: news at 11.)

Anyway, who knows, I may soften up about this when/if my actual grandbabies arrive. A lot can change in ten or twenty years. 😀

ParadoxicalIntention

Mrex

I was somewhat impressed by Frozen, and even more so by Big Hero 6 and Maleficient, so maybe Disney is at least moving in the right direction.

I haven’t seen Big Hero 6 yet, but I’ve heard good and bad things. Frozen was pretty good, but OMG MALEFICENT.

It was an AMAZING movie, and hearing whiny man-babies complain it failed a reverse Bechdel test was just icing on the delicious, delicious cake.

Ceebarks

Exactly. My grandma always agreed to take my siblings and I for a month in the summer, and we were free to come visit whenever we liked, but that was her choice to do so. (She also raised my cousins essentially. My mom’s sister had a bit of a rocky life with her past relationships.)

Grandparents should want to be in their grandchildren’s lives, but they shouldn’t have to take care of them and babysit whenever Parental Figures want to go off and be adults. Grandparents have already done their time raising the parents.

Bette Hopper

Chiming in late on this thread but this “spinsterhood” theme is one my favorites from these guys, because really, it’s patriarchy in a nutshell. Women as a class are brainwashed with the “having a husband is the pinnacle of achievement” propaganda because marriage is a much better deal for *men* and it’s *the* way that the dominance/submission paradigm that defines patriarchy thrives like a zucchini plant in August. They get their legal housekeeper/fuckdoll/broodmare, they often still cheat, and the woman gets what, exactly? If she has to depend on him, a potentially pretty shitty situation.

Granted there are many women who enjoy being married, and that’s their choice. Power to you if you’ve found a decent guy and a way to make it work. But that’s why some men hate feminism so much—it (and birth control) freed women from the *necessity* of depending on men (albeit it’s still privileged woman who have more of that mobility). Thus we have the everlasting specter of spinsterhood as the WORST fate that could befall any woman. I myself tried living with a man twice, and after the second time I said NEVER AGAIN. Peace. Freedom. Financial independence. I wallow in them. I thank the feminists who came before me who made it possible, and if I’d wanted children, I’d have most likely visited a sperm bank; it’s the ultimate in misandry you know. Bwahaahaha.

(Also, this is the part where some A+ dude says, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks,” for anybody playing at home.)

Mrex
Mrex

But if grandparents shouldn’t have to give up their careers to provide care, and they should still provide enough care to make a big dent in the childcare bills, when exactly should most of them do this?-ceebanks

I think it’s more that the grandparents should help out as much as they *can* and is *appropriate*, rather than that the grandparents should watch the grandkids a certain amount time. of hours how many hours that turns out to be. But if the grandparents are worn down, sick, etc, then no, forcing themselves to watch the grandkids is not good for anyone.

Ideally I wish that we would go back to a more communal concept of child-rearing. I think that parents are truly over-burdened and isolated in our society. But no, grandparents shouldn’t be forced into a situation that doesn’t work for them either!

@ParadoxicalIntent, I really liked Big Hero 6, in fact, it’s probably one of the best movies I’ve seen. It kind of annoyed me that the lead characters were Japanese(?), and you couldn’t really tell. The movie was obviously made by some anime fans, as it kinda bit it pretty hard.

Other than that;

-no real romantic attachments that I can remember
-people of different cultural/racial backgrounds
-even though the story revolved around two brothers, all women were well rounded and integral to the storyline IMO
-I don’t want to give too much away about the plot, but I think that the way he movie explores it’s themes about life ect. is really well done. I had just lost a family member shortly before I watched this movie, and it honestly hit me in the feels and moved me deeply.

Bina

I was dumped by a guy once because he didn’t think the relationship was like a movie relationship which is what he wanted.

Which movie? Because some of them can be quite ghastly (hello, Sleeping With the Enemy!)

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m assuming he meant more Say Anything or Sleepless in Seattle type movies, but who knows?

They’re actually biracial, FWIW.

melissayears

Well, I’ll never get those eight minutes back…

sn0rkmaiden

@kirbywarp

Thanks 🙂 Though I did post it with a glaring type-o that ruined the joke initially.

Ellesar

Bette Hopper: I think these guys are pining for a previous Golden Age, when he got his housekeeper, fuckdoll and broodmare and she was grateful for the respectability of marriage and children. This is why they hate single parent women so much, and exaggerate the problems that children from those families have (but only the boys – hey only mention the boys!).

I honestly do think that some men literally CANNOT UNDERSTAND why a woman might want to say no. I had so many approaches from men when I was younger that were twice my age, or in other ways utterly inappropriate. I NEVER said ‘what the hell are you thinking?’, but I did want to. I think that they have an inflated sense of self, that just being a MAN is enough.

Of course this is breaking down, but rather then become a more interesting/ less sexist/ more thoughtful person, or whatever it takes, many men are resorting to the whining option, as that is much easier than actually looking at oneself and saying ‘OK I can see why my relationships fail’.

Falconer
Falconer

I’d rather go see Big Hero 6 than Battle of the Five Armies, really. It’s a shame, albeit a small one — I’ve seen the rest of Jackson’s Tolkien movies in the theater, it would be nice to complete the set. But that would mean leaving my children with someone for over three hours, which doesn’t quite seem fair. Plus, it just doesn’t look that interesting, nothing in the plot to support the big set pieces.

What I’ve seen of BH6 on the Internet looks awesome, by contrast.

Robert
Robert

We (husband and me) know two women who are single mothers by choice. Both are college educated professionals, both own their own homes, both adopted their daughters. I like to imagine just how pig-biting angry they would make RedPillocks.

One did date a man about a decade ago, who seemed all right until he got convinced that, when married, they would move to rural Oregon. She did not want to raise her daughter in that environment, he wouldn’t budge, bye bye. She has never regretted that.

Ellesar

Robert – I am a single mother by choice (sperm donors) and I believe that the choice, right from the start is a totally different experience to the typical single mother, who usually did not want to be a single mother. I accept the stats about more negative outcomes for boys of single mothers, but I would v v much like to see the study where women like me and your friends were looked at in detail, and the outcomes of our kids examined. I do not think that we would come out badly at all!

I do not have the money your friends have, but my kids are SUCH nice boys, and do not have problems, not even the usual adolescent stuff that all parents expect. But I am sure that the manosphere would call them manginas – just as well I am not doing it for them!

Nick Anderson

Thank you for bringing this gem into my life! Mark Zolo has achieved the same stupid sexist garbage film making as The Room, dare I say we are seeing the horribly bland start of another Wiseau-esk filmmaker. I look forward to his next feature being the next episode of How Did This Get Made? and the next live simulcast of Riff Trax.

I implore any other feminist MSTies like me to watch this… thing. And even if you’re not just go scroll through the comments: for once in YouTube’s miserable life they are an uplifting read!

1 6 7 8