bad science cuck femoids incel men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny reddit ridiculous baby men roasties

Today’s Incel Insight: “Attractive men are the WOMEN of the male gender” because they have it so easy

Young woman oppressing ugly men by thinking a thing about a dude on TV

The Spring 2018 WHTM pledge drive is on! Please donate generously to make the incels mad! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

Help, help! The incels are being oppressed (again). Let us look into the Braincels subreddit to see exactly how:

Here’s the text for old people like me who don’t like squinting at screenshots:

Attractive men are the WOMEN of the male gender (self.Braincels)

submitted 1 day ago by Throwaway1337145317 Blackpill Diplomat

Ugly men are held to a higher standard and increased level of accountability. People are more callous towards them and don’t go out of their way to do them any favours. They go through life devoid of any social luxury, an ugly man must earn respect in every sphere. It will never be given without effort on his part. He must go to even greater lengths to secure a partner (it’s possible just unreasonably steep) while attractive men are basically handed it. Correspondingly people are instinctively kinder and more affable to good-looking men, merely for existing. They may [have?] it harder than women, but we exist in an entirely different dimension.

If you’re proud of being a man, you can wear this as a badge of honour. You are the true men, especially if the weight of the world hasn’t broken your back.

So here our incel friend has taken a nugget of truth and covered it in a big pile of bullshit. It’s true that in many ways conventionally attractive people have it easier. A piece in The Cut sums up some of the advantages hotties have:

Harvard economist Markus Mobius and Wesleyan University economist Tanya Rosenblat published the seminal paper “Why Beauty Matters” in 1994. They found that in three different samples of workers, more attractive people consistently earned 12 to 14 percent more than unattractive people — regardless of gender — with evidence that the “labor market sorts the best-looking people into occupations where their looks are productive.” To that end, a 2012 paper found that comely real estate brokers outperformed homely colleagues. More uncomfortably, first- and sixth-graders think attractive teachers are kinder and happier, and college students thought that attractive professors were clearer, more helpful, and of higher overall quality.

Hotties tend to be happier as well, but the reason for this happiness varies by gender. Hot dudes are happier because, as hot dudes, they tend to earn more; hot women are happier because, well, they’re hot.

And while being hot can help you get dates — yes, incels, it’s true — being intimidatingly hot can make it harder because your insanely good looks may, well, intimidate potential dates, according to an OK Cupid study.

The trouble comes when you take these truths and stick them in an incel’s brain they come out thinking that only men suffer from being ugly and that basically all women go through life on easy mode.

And of course virtually all incels are convinced all of their own problems stem from the alleged facts that they’re hideously ugly and that women only want Chads. (Never mind that most of the time I’ve seen incels post pics of themselves they look … basically average and that the Chad thing is as ridiculous as the name Chad.)

When a couple of non-incels challenged Mr. Throwaway1337145317, he quickly defeated them (in his mind at least) with a one-two punch of ass-facts and ass-logic.

Here’s the text:

alfons100 4 points 1 day ago

what

Throwaway1337145317 Blackpill Diplomat[S] 9 points 1 day ago

It’s a commonly accepted position that women are treated more leniently than men by society at large. I’m extrapolating that to include the different types of men that exist. Ugly men are treated even more harshly and with less tact than their attractive counterparts.

[–]saltpsychology -2 points 1 day ago

What do you think the implications of this are for ugly women?

[–]Throwaway1337145317 Blackpill Diplomat [S] 5 points 1 day ago

Slightly harsher treatment than their average-looking counterparts, but overall protected by the overarching “woman’s code”. The mere fact that women can complain and be listened to in earnest is such an amazing privilege. I can’t complain because this is a prison we men have built for ourselves. Hopefully we eventually get around to it’s demolition.

The notion that women who are considered ugly don’t really have it that bad is basically incel dogma. Here’s another incel mansplaining this “fact” to a self-described ugly incel … woman in a different Braincels thread:

And the text:

Toolman890 11 points 2 months ago

yes ugly and fat women not only get relationships far easier than average to ugly men, but they also reap the benefits of being a female in the relationship, unlike men. in fact it is so easy that now even the average woman is fat because they don’t have to stay in shape anymore. they get everything without effort so we now see a trend of so many young women looking out of shape to chubby to outright fat.

This is the sort of thing that incels talk about when they’re not yelling about “roasties” and “cucks” and  “femoid whores” or building little shrines to Elliot Rodger.

Godzilla Roberts
Godzilla Roberts

I don’t even know where to start on what’s wrong with this so I’ll just back away slowly and play some games.

Also, David, listening to the podcast. You guys are really insightful. :3

F is for 'Fro'
F is for 'Fro'

@Godzilla Roberts

I think I’ll also back away from this one and go play some games.

Going to the arcade. Will be back when I feel like tackling this one.

Nice Utena avatar by the way. 🙂

Jesalin
Jesalin

Here’s a salve for any brains that are hurting after reading that “logic”:

comment image

Z&T
Z&T

Blargle from above..

“…the “labor market sorts the best-looking people into occupations where their looks are productive.” To that end, a 2012 paper found that comely real estate brokers outperformed homely colleagues. “

After reading this, I am now seriously, seriously, considering taking up the study of music for the sole purpose of starting a band called Comely Real Estate Brokers.

ETA: Friend said we could start up a real estate biz and name it this too 🙂

Yes it can be multi purpose! 😀

PeeVee the Tired
PeeVee the Tired

?‍♀️

Godzilla Roberts
Godzilla Roberts

@F is for Fro — thanks :d it is my favorite show about surviving abuse and going on to live your life after thanks to your friends. :3

@Jes, yay cat pic!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

The only reason that fat women find relationships easier than fat men is because the bar for being perceived as fat is so much lower for women than men. For women, fat = Amy Schumer. For men, fat = John Goodman in the original Roseanne shows days.

Same goes for ugly. All we have to do to get labelled ugly is have messy hair or a gap tooth or something. Not so for men.

LindsayIrene

I’ve been a Hot Chick. I am now fat and I wear face-distortingly-thick lenses in my glasses and I am sooooooo not hot. Being Not Hot is easier. It’s not that men cater to me, like these dipshits think, it’s that they don’t make demands on me because they don’t even realize I exist. I have become invisible to men. I can walk down the street alone without some weirdo trying to lure me into his serial killer van! It’s awesome!

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Z&T – I dunno, I think Homely Real Estate Brokers would be a better name for a real estate biz.

He’s so close here. So close.
comment image

mcbender

I think it says a lot about how misogynistic their worldview is that the worst thing they can think to say about these men is to compare them to women. Of course, that’s nothing we didn’t already know.

Also curious is the “by being total failures, we’re the real men!” angle. The hunger for validation under toxic masculinity could not be more apparent.

Delurking
Delurking

Coming out of lurker mode to laugh my head off at this:

“The mere fact that women can complain and be listened to in earnest is such an amazing privilege. ”

What is the biggest complaint that most women have? That men don’t listen to them!

Hexum7
Hexum7

“I can’t complain because this is a prison we men have built for ourselves. Hopefully we eventually get around to it’s demolition.

He’s so close here. So close.”

Had the same thing in mind for a comment

But, what’s with this ‘we’ shit, Kemo Sabe?

F is for 'Fro'
F is for 'Fro'

@Godzilla Roberts
I love Utena’s friendship narrative; The show and the manga are among my top favorites.

This article may explain why I don’t get raises. Hahahah!

You guys are right rhough, the prison comment is SO close…

But alas..

Dreamer
Dreamer

LindsayIrene – agreed. When I was young I hated all the so-called compliments from guys who thought there was no brain attached to my body. I often felt threatened. Now that I’m old and apparently invisible, life is good! I’m human! I laugh with people!

Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

Thirding the idea that being old, fat and not hot is a benefit to women. It means Incels aren’t interested in us.

solecism
solecism

I don’t get ALL the privilege! It’s not all handed to me on a platter without me even having to signal the waiter! Life is so unfair!

Cry a river, man. I want to bathe in your tears.

Like, everyone who isn’t a white man deals with this regardless of whatever their perceived attractiveness might be. White women, people of color of all genders, etc–work twice as hard for half the recognition compared to white men by default.

Attractive white men might have it harder than women? But poor-me less attractive white men live in their own special dimension? That’s special alright. *Dies laughing*

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

Please donate generously to make the incels mad!

I don’t think making them mad is something we should aim for, considering what they do when they get mad.

OK so going by this, attractive women must be the men (with male privilege) of the female gender. Or even the alpha males of it.

Bina
Bina

@Delurking:

Coming out of lurker mode to laugh my head off at this:

Took the words right out of my keyboard. I rolled my eyes so hard at that line that I actually glimpsed my brain. (Also, welcome!)

And then there was this, which made me roll my eyes so hard that they came back around to the front again:

A good place to start might be to stop hanging around on incel fora, and an even better place to start would be to get out of Imaginarybackwardslandia, where women are privileged (even if they’re “ugly”, which often entails simply being unskinny, non-blond and/or wearing glasses) and men have it soooooo hard that just being proud of being male is some kind of Grand Achievement.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate

1. Shake head, rolling eyes.
2. Lie down after taking aspirin and putting cold compress over eyes.
3. Avoid incel “logic” or “thought process?” or anything incel for therapeutic reasons.

4. 24 hours later, feel better.

brian
brian

i mean… i guess i’ll give this guy credit for not once calling women “femoids” or “foids” here…

Jo
Jo

In context (I could be misreading, but that’s what I take from ‘women’s code’), he seems to be talking about women listening to the complaints of other women and by implication men not listening to the complaints of other men.

If that’s what he means then, amazingly, he does seem to have stumbled over a truth, with the usual caveats about generalisations when we talk about men and women. And he even blames men for men’s problems!

Of course, he’s still full of shit in the rest of what he says and ‘amazing privilege’ is over-egging it, but I really wouldn’t disagree with the core of those sentences.

Shadowplay

If the guy gets this fussed about this, how’s he react if he only gets 5 chicken nuggets instead of 6. Nukes?

Dvärghundspossen

I know these studies on attractiveness and advantages from way back when I did a semester of psychology at uni. What I’ve been thinking about lately is that maybe it also matters for women whether you’re perceived as feminine or not? I talked about this with a female colleague. Now, she teaches linguistics and latin and I teach philosophy so admittedly it might be that these areas attract different student types. Still… Students always get very personal with her, and often seem to treat her like an ersatz mum who’s expected to help them with all their troubles. Students never behave that way with me. We’re both women, we’re both what you’d call conventionally attractive. But I have a pretty androgynous and athletic body and dress in men’s clothes, whereas she’s really curvy with big boobs and she wears dresses.
There’s no doubt that people read me as female, it’s not like people are surprised when I give them my typically female name or anything, but possibly I’m still perceived as, well, “close enough” to a male professor to warrant the same treatment, whereas she’s perceived as a sort of capital W woman and treated differently.

Wetherby
Wetherby

The one time I had a sustained relationship with a stereotypical Hot Chick™, she told me that yes, she’d have absolutely no problem walking into a bar or club and getting sex – but the chances of it being with anyone she actually liked were far, far slimmer. And because she combined those looks with an outspokenly take-no-bullshit persona, most of the men she encountered in other spheres, particularly workplaces, were visibly intimidated by her as well.

In my case, we “met” over the phone professionally and hit it off that way – in fact, it was nearly two years before we finally met face to face, by which time I knew her well enough for her perceived “hotness” to be largely irrelevant.

dust bunny
dust bunny

Someone on twitter pointed out that braincels sounds a lot more like incels who wear bras than brain cells.

I can’t unsee it.