alpha asshole cock carousel alpha males antifeminism bad boys beta males evil women men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men oppressed white men PUA thug-lovers

Anglobitch: “Misandrist women cannot distinguish between Nobel Prize winners and tattooed psychopaths – all are men and thus worthless brutes in their entitled eyes.”

Ladies love psychos — and Psychlos!

We hear again and again from the angry dudes of the Manosphere that women are status-seeking sluts, spending their twenties riding what has come to be known as the Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel and shutting out the hapless beta males who beg for their attention. Indeed, some Manosphere dudes are so convinced by this narrative that they devote their whole life to learning how to be (or at least how to pretend to be)  the the Alphas males that the ladies allegedly prize so much.

Rookh Kshatriya on Anglobitch thinks these fellows – PUAs and “nice guys” alike  — are all wrong about “Anglosphere” women. Far from preferring Alphas, he suggests, these women would rather hook up with smelly, butt-scratching losers. Literally. Here’s his, er, argument:

Because of the puritanical fictions  that prevail in Anglo-American society, Anglo women have become impossible to please by rational means. … the bar has been set impossibly high. The outcome is either misandrist spinsterhood or, more often, what we see around us: a female obsession with the dregs of the male sex.  …

Since no male is good enough for her, all men are flattened into an undifferentiated, priapic horde in the Anglo female’s mind. A king is a jack is a joker… a classical scholar at Yale is suddenly no better than a murderous baboon like Charles Manson. An illiterate tramp with a ring through his nose instantly acquires the same standing as an architect, physicist or surgeon.

Naturally, Kshatriya provides no actual evidence for these odd assertions, but in the wide world of misogyny that’s never a deterrent for a guy with a new dumb theory about the evils of women.

[T]his is what makes Game – so appealing to the logical male mind – so ineffective in the Anglosphere. Misandrist women cannot distinguish between Nobel Prize winners and tattooed psychopaths – all are men and thus worthless brutes in their entitled eyes.  And so all the Gamers’ striving for ‘Alpha’ status is pointless – they might as well stick rings through their noses, grow some dreadlocks and slouch the streets scratching their butts.  Indeed, as many North American commentators claim, their mating chances would probably improve if they did this. ‘Omega males’ doubtless confirm the Anglo female’s contempt for men in general. If she has to have a man, only the worst knave will do.

I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen “Anglo females” out strolling with men who are neither wearing dreadlocks nor sporting nose rings nor scratching their asses, but those sightings must be anomalies.

Kshatriya is convinced that social conservatives are equally wrong about the ladies:

Writers like Daniel Amneus consider female hypergamy to be the ‘glue’ that binds male consent to the social order. …. In the Anglosphere, however, rational female hypergamy has short-circuited due to our cultural bloc’s uniquely puritanical socio-moral conditions. While alphas and high betas trudge home to empty beds or divorce threats, tramps and mass-murderers wade through tons of female flesh without breaking sweat. And so the Anglosphere falls apart around our ears. Yet still David Futrelle exhorts us all to ‘respect women’ and be ‘nice’.

Woah, that was a bit of a surprise ending there.

But obviously I must be doing something  terribly wrong to merit such a mention. I guess I’d better start growing out some white-boy dreads and thinking awful things about women.

daintydougal

Plan Bullshit also includes: “… we do need to educate people that if they go out and get hammered they are vulnerable – vulnerable to being assaulted – vulnerable to falling over and vulnerable to being raped.”

So thats good. @_@

nerdypants
nerdypants

Dvärghundspossen: “the same goes for men”

Ah, but you see when men do it they are independent agents choosing their own destiny. Because they’re more logical like that.

Fitzy
Fitzy

… it’s the arbitrariness of women’s choices, not their pickiness, that explains how and why women finish up with the men that they do.

So when my husband says “I love you,” the correct response on my part is “Eh, you’re OK. You were the best thing that was around at the time.” That’s romance!

Seranvali
Seranvali

Chuckeedee:

Personally, I think the idea that the perfectly normal process of pairing up being some kind of market and that it should be looked at in pseudo-economic terms is a load of nonsense. Friendship, sexual attraction, love and loyalty develop between potential partners and to reduce something so complex and important to such a simplistic model is insulting to everyone concerned.

Fitzy
Fitzy

@ Ice, I read that last paragraph the same way at first. Then I remembered we were in the manosphere, so of course the woman shortage refers to hot, nubile nymphets (there may be plenty of over-25 hags clogging up reality, but we don’t count). The guy who gets to the hottie first snags her, and every other guy in that environment is SOL (that the woman might made choices to get to that environment in the first place is laughable. Ladies are assigned to go to college or get a job or to an apartment, y’know). Although how this squares with men being “independent agents who choose their proximity” is beyond me. If you choose your proximity, wouldn’t you just move from one environment to the next until you find your elusive perfect woman? Women are obviously just sitting in class or in their office chairs or standing in a restaurant with their with a tray, waiting to be picked up by some random dude who wanders by. All you have to do is get to her first. So if the world works this way, it isn’t women’s arbitrariness that’s getting in the way of a dude getting the girl. It’s his laziness or bad timing. Survival of the fittest, boys!

Seranvali
Seranvali

Jeez…I didn’t finish my first para. Sorry about that.

Chuckeedee:

All you have just said is that women tend to chose their partners from among their personal community. Big surprise. And guess what…men, also being members of those communities chose their partners in the same way. People chose their partners from the people around them, people who know them fairly well and with whom they share values and interests. While I’m sure some relationships start when strangers meet at a bar but most of us start off as friends and pair up later.

AlexB
AlexB

Wow@chuckdeedee. iI’s rare that one of these specimens works quite that hard to deny that women have agency. Usually they take it as a given that women are passive objects (when they’re not being evil supervillains who run the world) and don’t get all tl;dr about it. it’s like some reality rays got through the tinhat for a second and then they had to arglebargle really really hard to compensate.

Skyborn Rocket
Skyborn Rocket

@Kim
Its from Battlefield Earth, Scientology shrill movie by making a VERY BAD (in the amusing way at least) rendition of one of L. Ron Hubbard’s books.

But back on topic: Just got to ask, how the FUCK is spinsterhood misandrist? I mean, seriously? Unfortunate if the woman in question wanted a relationship, yeah, especially if attempts to get into a stable one fell through, but… misandrist…?

Sorry if someone already talked about that. Just waking up and probably missed a ton of comments already made.

Mayara Arend

I have to say, as a “non-native” and not part of the “Anglosphere”, I didn’t get one bit of this:

[Quote]Writers like Daniel Amneus consider female hypergamy to be the ‘glue’ that binds male consent to the social order. …. In the Anglosphere, however, rational female hypergamy has short-circuited due to our cultural bloc’s uniquely puritanical socio-moral conditions.[/Quote]

*Hopes she got the quotes thingy right*

I mean, does it make ANY sense? Not logically, ofc, just language-wise.

Mayara Arend

And I fail on the quotes. Congratz to me.

chuckeedee
chuckeedee

Most of the comments here have focused around this sensible and fair interpretation:

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Chuckeedee is accusing women of being solipsistic? Seriously?

Women who are meeting men and dating also feel the pressure of being “on.” Truly. We aren’t just sitting there, stone-faced, with a single arched eyebrow waiting to be entertained. The women you interact with may be doing that, but that’s your shit. You’re a narcissistic gasbag and I seriously doubt that you’re any different on your dates.

When meeting and dating women also flirt, joke, and feel the pressure to be “on.” This is justa part of dating.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@Mayara

I’m a native English speaker (British) and I get paid to write (and sometimes edit). It doesn’t make any more sense from a grammatical point of view than it does from a logical one.

(To quote on this site replace the word “quote” with “blockquote” and [ ] with.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh hey, formatting fail. If you want to use blockquotes then you need the less than/greater than symbols in place of brackets.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

What Chuckie forgets is that social interactions between men and woman are not all dating/preludes to sex, all the time. I’d really rather my landlord, my cab driver, and my dentist not go into performing seal looking for sexual attention mode every time they see me, and because life is not a bad movie it turns out that they usually don’t.

themisanthropicmuse
themisanthropicmuse

@Chuckeedee: At best what you wrote is a deepity. You are merely suggesting that women are more likely to form bonds with people they have a higher chance of interacting with rather than those they do not. Wow. Fucking enlightening.

leftwingfox

Neither will crazy handwaving theories built on just-so stories. More so when you ignore all the ways women are made into “utility devices” (i.e. women who fails to put out, women who don’t want to be a wife, woman who don’t want to be a mother). Even more so when that’s reinforced by the MRA ranting in the OP.

Enough seriousness. I need a recipe for pathetic anger bread.

Step 1: Dump flour, yeast, salt and whatever into a bowl. How much? FUCK YOU! THAT’S how much.

Step 2: Drink a beer. Add a beer. Not the same beer.

Step 3: Throw the fucking mess onto the table. Punch it. Drink more. Salt with tears.

Step 4: Toss a shirt over it so you don’t have to look at that shit. Go to the pub while the dough rises.

Step 5: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??! Hit it! Oh, god! Preheat over to 350.

Step 6: Troll some forums while the dough rises.

Step 7: Throw that horrible mass into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool. Serve with regret.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s more likely for people to pair off with those who they spend a lot of time around and have things in common with? You don’t say.

Skyborn Rocket
Skyborn Rocket

Correction… I missed the link. Wow. Was commenting on the thing in the OP. I am still asleep it seems. Man that was dumb of me.

blitzgal

@themisanthropicmuse

Oh, this term’s new to me! Thanks!

leftwingfox

Oh, and shorter OP: “My diploma is no guarantee of pussy? What good is it then? I’m also taking back my toaster, since the damn thing won’t make a pot roast.”

pecunium

Spinsterhood is misandry because she could be letting some poor dude who can’t get any bang her; then he’d be getting some.

It’s not like it makes any difference to her.

(Man that was hard to write)

Seranvali
Seranvali

Chuckeedee said,

“This is a sensible and fair interpretation, but it overlooks some key factors. It overlooks the very different priorities that motivate men and women. The basic elements of the motivation perspective were being explored by Sofia when she impersonated a man on an online dating site. Unfortunately, her site (sofiastry) is down at the moment, but the most surprising insight that occurred to her was her realization of the extent to which she found pressure, as a male, to always be “on”… or to cast my own interpretation of what she was saying, to always be in entertainment mode, with toolkit of whitty repartee at the ready. That’s essentially what Game is about… it’s about a man managing his responsibility to always be “on”, to take responsibility for the success or otherwise of a night out. No doubt there are women here who will jump on me with something like “but I’m a computer nerd, I don’t care for witty repartee.” You miss the point. Being the recipient of advances from an ocean of men willing to make like performing seals establishes a fundamentally different way of viewing the world for the audience that judges said seals on their performance.

A man establishes his purpose as a utility device. A woman, by contrast, has more flexibility in her options. A utility device has limited options. A refrigerator that fails to refrigerate is nothing but a heap of junk. A man that fails to provide, a man that fails to perform, a man that fails to be “on”, or a man that refuses to enlist for conscription, is failing in his obligation as a utility device. He is junk. This is not all his doing… this is culture at work, it is culture that forces all this gunk on him. Personal anecdotes (but I’m not like that) won’t shed any light on this conversation.”

Why do men feel that they always have to be “on”? Or that they’re some kind of “utility device”? Why would people follow a philosophy so demeaning to both sexes? Men are not objects any more than women are so why play by rules that treat them that way? This all seems to me to be a really savage system of stereotypes and a great many subcultures don’t buy into it. I suppose it might work if you’re looking for the odd one night stand but what if you’re looking for a long term relationship or a life partner? For that you need to be part of a largish, mixed group. I know that our mainstream culture tries to force people to fit into boxes and keep them there but there are ways out if people are prepared to take the risk. The price may be high but if the system you’re in makes you unhappy the price may be worth paying.

Your comment about men being “junk” if they fail to live up to certain expectations makes me very sad. Sooner or later everyone gets it wrong, gets ill and be unable to support his family, caves under pressure or any one of hundreds of expectations placed on him but that doesn’t mean he’s junk, all it means is that in this case he was unfortunate and needs a little help. I know the kind of damage this kind of bullshit can do, having watched my husband go through it and offered that help I could.

chuckeedee
chuckeedee

Why do men feel that they always have to be “on”?

Good timing, Seranvali. I just stumbled on the following post. The seven rules referred to in the following url relate pretty directly to what I referred to as “the very different priorities that motivate men and women”:

These seven rules relate to the context that might be summed up in the one word “on”.

pecunium

He cited AVfM: I think I just got bingo.

1 3 4 5 6 7 10