creepy dawgies empathy deficit evil sexy ladies evil women evo psych fairy tales hypergamy irony alert mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny

“Rex Patriarch” explains why women, like dogs, are incapable of love

Is it love — or do they both just like spaghetti?

The charming Man Going His Own Way who calls himself Rex Patriarch has written up a short treatise entitled “Women Are Incapable of Love.” (He’s also posted a video by another MGTOWer  making the same point, but we’ll just ignore that for now, because I didn’t bother to watch it.)

Anyway, here’s Rex’s argument, such as it is:

Look guys, women are like pets.

Do pets love you?

No, of course not but they do feel the warmth which is the love you may have for them. At a minimum you are their meal ticket. That in of itself is why they stick around.

Same same with women. As long as you are their meal ticket they “love” you but the very moment you can’t provide for them. The very moment they find a better deal, find some higher status.

Watch how fast that “love” goes out the window.

The reason being is it never was there to begin with. It was just something they were telling you to keep the goodies coming. Up until they could find something better. If they can.

The thing is men can love women all they want or none at all but don’t expect them to love you back in the same measure. They simply do not have the ability.

What’s interesting about this argument, insofar as anything about it is interesting, is that he’s not just, you know, wrong about women. He’s also wrong about pets.

Now, anyone who’s bonded with a pet certainly feels that their pet loves them back. (Or at least some pets do; I’m pretty sure the turtle my brother had as a kid didn’t really love anything other than worms.) Still, some skeptics insist that we’re just anthropomorphizing when we look at our pets and see love in their eyes.

But researchers are increasingly seeing harder-to-dismiss signs that animals may have emotions remarkably like our own — and that they can indeed feel love. By scanning the brains of dogs, Emory University neuroeconomics professor Gregory Berns has found that dogs and humans are alike in some key ways:

All in all, dogs and humans show striking similarities in the activity of an important brain region called the caudate nucleus. So, do dogs love us and miss us when we’re gone? The data strongly suggest they do. And, those data can further move humanity away from simplistic, reductionist, behaviorist explanations of animal behavior and animal emotions and also be used to protect dogs and other animals from being abused.

You can read more about his research, and what he sees as its implications, here.

More on animal emotions here and here.

You can also learn a lot about how animals — including the animals called humans — think and feel by just fucking paying attention to them and having a tiny bit of empathy. This is apparently a bit too much for some people to manage.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

David Futrelle

This guy’s a sick man!

kittehserf

Sickness has nothing to do with it, Critical Dragon; first, it equates being an arsehole with being ill; second, it gives arseholes a free pass instead of making them own their disgusting attitudes.

I’d just say this creep is projecting, as MRAs etc usually do. If everyone he’s ever known, of any species, has got the hell away from him ASAP, it could just be that he’s the common denominator.

Howard Bannister

Ha… ha ha….

Geez.

See, my kitty is actually kind of traumatized by the things that have happened in her life. She lost her sister and the cat that she’d bonded to, and she was kind of skittish to begin with. She runs away from people. She runs away from cats. She will freak out if she thinks anybody else is even in the house. (I share the house with two other people)

But the thing is… she loves me.

She does that thing where if I’m in the room she has to be in the room. Sometimes not even close to me. She’ll lie down on a cardboard sheet next to my bed while I sleep, just to stay near me. She’ll go for walks with me. She’ll climb on my chest and take a nap.

I know, I know, I’m overly anthopomorphizing her behavior. But anybody who tells me that these are just natural bonding things she’d do with anybody in the house who feeds her and keeps her safe? Nope. There are other people who do that, and she hates and fears them.

My cat and I are very happy together; and all the women in my life seem more than capable of genuine love and affection. Towards friends, romantic partners…

Gee, if somebody is certain that neither animals nor other human beings can love them… well, I hate to suggest that the problem might be that the guy is a vicious hateful dude with misogyny visibly oozing from his pores… but, yanno, I’m not NOT saying it.

Cthulhu's Intern

I rarely ever fed my dog and cat. That was mostly what my parents did. Yet when I left for college, they apparently missed me, and when I went home for a few hours only to leave for Michigan to visit my brother, my dog apparently went into some depression.

Howard Bannister

Jinx!

Discordia

Just coming out of Lurkdom to say this shit infuriates me then almost everything MRAS whine about…..FUCK YOU for saying that I don’t love my husband, my mom doesn’t love my dad, and that women are incapable of loving their other relatives, children and friends….in fact go hug a thousand cactuses.

Kittehserf–totally agree–these men aren’t sick, they are assholes who view love as in a very superficial and manipulative way.

Discordia

heh….When the SO and I have gone on vacation, they are fed by a housesitter. And when we come back they are ALWAYS extra clingy besides having company and food from a relative. Soooo yeah I agree that’s BS that dogs and cats are incapable of love.

Ally S

He’s not a misogynist; he just thinks women are less than fully human. Flawless reasoning right there.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

Hey guys, do you think “Men’s rights activists” will be upset by this?

Evolution is steered by aggressive competition between females

Even mother nature apparently doesn’t like them, and that’s the one woman they thought was in love with them. LOL!

sparky
sparky

What I wonder is how someone can look at another human being and completely deny that said other human being experiences the same emotions that ze does. This just completely denies that women are human.

Which is weird, because last time I checked, all the women I’ve ever met in my life (myself included) are human beings.

As for animals experiencing love; my dogs always seem to know when I am upset and want to give me cuddles and doggy kisses. I don’t know if they are experiencing love for me or if I am anthropomorphising (is that a word?) them, but it sure is comforting. Even if their kisses do smell like dog food sometimes.

Karalora
Karalora

You know how I know my cat loves me?

When all is well, she demands attention like a normal cat. She deliberately gets in my way when I’m trying to do other things, crawls in my lap and insists I pet her, gets up on shelves and knocks things over in order to force me to pay attention to her.

But when I’m sad…when I’m sad she just gets beside me on the sofa and rests her head on my lap and purrs, asking for nothing. She can tell when I feel bad, and she lets me know that no matter how bad anything else is, she’s here for me.

CriticalDragon1177 (@CriticalDragon1)

Sparky,

You wrote,
——————————————————————————————————————–
——————————————————————————————————————–

I think the answer is that Rex Patriarch is a bigot. The guy is definitely a sexist pig.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

This is a level of dehumanizing that I’m finding it hard to laugh at. I’m not saying no one else should, but good god! He really doesn’t think we’re human, does he?

I’m just gonna point and laugh at his sentence structure. Dude, even seventh graders know what a complete sentence is. Why don’t you?

Maude LL
Maude LL

It’s not that complicated, really. The RGTOW (reality going its own way) is that women are a mythical creature invented by Norse mythology. This allows them to break logical absolutes whenever they want.
Think about most MRA academic works on women. Those mythical creatures keep defying the law of identity. For example, women are incapable of love, and are incapable of having sex without love *at the same time*. And I guarantee you that there is evidence that women sometimes have sex. In the comments, they also point out that their moms are capable of love, but one must infer that many of those moms are also women, therefore.. (beware the ellipsis going its own way) incapable of love!The Christian God can’t make a square circle, but women can be incapable of love and incapable of not-love *at the same time*. That’s powerful stuff.

@ Discordia
Welcome!

kittehserf

The guy is definitely a sexist pig.

Nah, pigs are intelligent and sensitive animals.

I guess the idea that animals (let alone humans who aren’t Rex-why-did-he-give-himself-a-dog’s-name-Patriarch) are individuals with distinct personalities would make his head asplode.

In which case, as Grumpy Cat would say … GOOD.

kittehserf

RGTOW (reality going its own way)

Thank you Maude, I just did that uglysnortlaugh thing then.

Xen
Xen

This guy hasn’t studied shit.
Ever hear of Christian the lion? He remembered the man who rescued him years and years later, and he had been released into the wild.

kittehserf

Xen – on the contrary, shit is probably all this guy ever has studied! 😛

gelar
gelar

This is a level of dehumanizing that I’m finding it hard to laugh at.

It used to be the same with me, first reading stuff in that vein, but is now the opposite: a level of dehumanizing so blatant and wrong, it’s just… “Nope. Next!”

kittehserf

Its main danger is that one will get eye sprain from rolling ’em so hard.

kittehserf

Forgot to add: the “animals are just machines” idea lurking behind this makes me think of that unforgiveable troll Descartes and his stuff; the reductionist bullshit about animals not having feelings, or not even feeling pain, takes me straight to walk-on-caltrops-forever territory. Not that Rex!GoodDog! is triggery, I hasten to add, but he’s on the same continuum as that shit.

Ally S

In which case, as Grumpy Cat would say … GOOD.

Nooooooooooooo please don’t summon him!

Discordia

Muade thanks! I actually have posted here before—I am more of a semi lurker I guess.

Animals have also been seen showing empathy for other animals as well. For instance Koko the Gorilla bonded with a cat and grieved when the cat died.

Also how can dogs be incapable of love when they have risked their lives saving people from drowning and such.

I also had a cat that was mad at me for going away for two weeks.

Discordia