announcements girl germs harassment misogyny sexual harassment

I will be appearing on Al Jazeera English tomorrow afternoon. (And you can be a part of it too.)

I will be appearing on Al Jazeera English tomorrow talking about misogyny online. The show I’m going to appear on is called TheStream; it’s on at 3:30 PM ET.

You can watch a live stream of the show on the Al Jazeera website here.

If you want to be part of the discussion on the show, you can record a comment for the show’s producers here, or on the main page for TheStream. Some of the questions they’re asking:

Do women face more misogyny online than they do in person? Why? Does it reflect real sentiment or opportunistic, anonymous behavior? Have you experienced harassment as a woman online? What can be done about it?

I’m really looking forward to the show. It should be interesting.

If you have any suggestions about issues I should raise or points you think it’s important to make, let me know in the comments below.

Shadow
Shadow

except the few bright one

Gee, I wonder which group SHE claims membership to 😎

I feel like a real loser talking to stupid people

I can imagine. Unfortunately, the choice to surround yourself with MRAs was yours.

darksidecat

As I have pointed out before, my screename has only the most moral and pure origins-obscure anime reference.

pecunium

indifferentsky: Sigh.
I can’t assume anyone cares, but I’ll let you know the reason I write my posts poorly is that I start typing something and change how I want to say it mid sentence and forget to go back and make sure the other words are in agreement. I will work on that. Resolution. I just try to cram manboobz into a small slot of time.

I have the same problem. Usually it’s not too big a problem. I’ve not noticed you writing poorly constructed posts.

pecunium

My screen name wasn’t supposed to be ambiguous, but I suppose it ended up that way. I misremembered a latin noun, and so (because of a difference of one letter) the idea was lost, a bit. Then again, the way in which I was using it was linked to a secondary line of text; and was layered with people knowing things about me, so…

Now it’s just money, which can be morally ambiguous.

Howard Bannister

My screen name isn’t morally ambivalent.

It’s a representation of the last voice of sanity losing ground against the chaos. Of pure melodic rocks being ground away by the waters of time.

…it’s a movie reference, basically. What’s Up Doc?

I'vegotthePopcorn