kitties trump twitter

Today in Tweets, #InternationalCatDay/Armageddon edition

When you live with a cat, every day is International Cat Day

By David Futrelle

Ok, today is International Cat Day, so I’m going to celebrate by keeping the politics tweets to a minimum, and loading up on cat pics instead.

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, I’m adding some N. Korea tweets because  holy fucking hell Trump could get us all killed.

And now the original post, starting with politics:

And now, the cats!

That last one was just a test to see if you were still paying attention.

EDIT: Added a couple more newsy tweets.

History Nerd
History Nerd
JS
JS

@History…
So, that table is (wait for it) the Cat Bird Seat.

banned@4chan.org

We’ve based 70 years of nuclear deterrence theory on a model of nation states as rational actors. Now we have Kim Jong Un vs. Donald Trump.

There’s this quote from The Great Gatsby I’m trying to remember, something like “a bad driver is fine as long as they don’t encounter another bad driver?”

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

The three stooges truly are Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck

Replace Beck with Alex Jones, and you’ve got it. But then you’ve left out Michael Savage. And …

JS
JS

@Banned:
Great Gatsby quote was probably

“You said a bad driver was only safe until she met another bad driver? Well, I met another bad driver, didn’t I? I mean it was careless of me to make such a wrong guess. I thought you were rather an honest, straightforward person. I thought it was your secret pride.”

epitome of incomprehensibility

@HawkAtreides – ooh, your cats and their names are so cool 🙂

About Trump starting a war – I don’t have much to say about that, except I hope he doesn’t.

Today I did something besides work! I saw a movie called Two Soft Things, Two Hard Things – a documentary about LGBTQ rights in Nunavut and the origins of the pride parade there! Here’s a link and here are some things the film said:

-Nunavut is the newest province in Canada (1999). It separated from the Northwest Territories to become a majority Inuit province. I knew this – what I didn’t know was that many Inuit were forced off their land in the 1950s and 1960s to make way for Cold War defense systems. The creation of Nunavut was a way to reclaim some of what was taken.

-Jack Anawak, a former MP and one of the people interviewed, was instrumental in getting the Nunavut legislature to recognize sexual orientation as a human right. At that time, the document didn’t include gender identity/expression as a right, but now it does (as of March 2017)! (The filmmakers said so in a short Q&A after the screening.)

-Although gender roles were fairly strict in pre-Christian Inuit culture (men were usually hunters, women would do the food/clothing prep) there wasn’t a sense of sin/shame around gay sex or alternate sexualities. That came with Christian missions and colonization. And with the influence of the church and other factors such as isolation, it was tough to grow up LGBTQ in Nunavut for a long time. That’s changing, thankfully.

-Two teenagers were interviewed near the end – one was a trans boy, maybe 16 or 17, who talked about his experience being accepted by the school he was in. One was a younger boy, maybe 14 or 15, who’d recently come out. He said that in the past generation, people couldn’t come out as gay in high school but had to wait until they were “really old” – that got some laughs in the theatre. 😀 But it was heartwarming to hear about things changing for the better.

Gipsz Jakab
Gipsz Jakab

Clearly the last picture is the best, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees.

banned@4chan.org

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

I celebrated Cat Day by finally being the one to do the sticking* instead of holding when Catbeast got his sub-q fluids last night.

Unrelatedly, poor Catbeast fell off of the bathroom counter and sprained his leg over the weekend but is much better now. He even walked into his carrier ON HIS OWN for the vet visit, so I guess he knew he needed to go to the vet.

We are also in the middle of a visit from Kidbeast which has been very pleasant.

*because Husbeast will be gone over the Labor Day holiday and my friend who usually helps me when he’s gone will be on vacation, too. I have gotten a new-fangled harness thingy to help me do the sub-q thing on my own and will try that tonight. *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*

JS
JS

@Hambeast BTDT, for someone else’s cat. Feels weird to be “inflating” a cat, doesn’t it? Luckily most cats seem to realize the minor discomfort is worth the feeling better afterward.

I don’t have any cats of my own, but I do take care of them for other people.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

I hope this is ok, I want to see the happy cat posts too, but I need to express this somewhere. Mere months after Casper left us due to adrenal disease, Tyra has osteosarcoma. Getting multiple cats at the same time has downsides 🙁

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I’m so sorry, Brony :C

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Condolences Brony. I know how hard it is to lose a furry friend.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

I’m very sorry, Brony 🙁

kupo
kupo

I’m so sorry, Brony.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

I’m sorry, Brony.

Tov01
Tov01

I’m sorry, Brony. Losing pets is always hard.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Thank you everyone. I’ll post some pics of them tonight.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective; Keeper of a Hell Toupee, and all-around Intergalactic Meanie

Don’t have any photos of the cats I know/knew handy, but then I remembered an old photo of President Clinton’s cat Socks and some news photographers that I thought all y’all might find funny.
comment image

And also found a couple more funny ones from that same search:

comment image

Enjoy. 😀

ETA: the last two links is a pic of Clinton and his dog. Trying to find a better link before the window timed out on me.

Okay, the last pic of mine that isn’t displaying right came from this Asian (Chinese? Japanese?) blog/tumbler, and is the 9th pic down.

The post, based on the rest of the pics, seems to be about various US Presidents and the dogs they had while in the White House. I recomend ‘reading’ this post for the pics. Some of them are pretty funny and/or interesting. I rather liked #15, 16, and 17 myself.

%d bloggers like this: