alpha males antifeminism beta males drama drama kings entitled babies internecine warfare irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny not a cult PUA red pill rollo tomassi

Rollo Coaster: A Red Pill guru gets dumped from a convention for “unbecoming conduct” and now all the alpha dudes are mad at each other

Rollo Tomassi, preaching the alpha male gospel in his favorite alpha male cap

By David Futrelle

There’s some high drama going on in a segment of the manosphere I generally ignore because I find it so tedious. Several days ago, you see, the head grifter behind a long-running series of manosphere conventions booted one of the scheduled speakers — “Red Pill” guru Rollo Tomassi — from all future events. And it’s not at all clear why.

“This removal was made for private conduct unbecoming of a 21 convention alumni speaker,” declared the organizer, Anthony Dream Johnson, in a long but distinctly uninformative statement. This unspecified conduct, he continued, was

irreconcilable in regard to his future involvement with the organization … Out of respect for my relationship with Rollo, I intend to keep the nature of this offense a private matter.

So we don’t know if the accused, say, sexually harassed someone — or if the two alpha males are just having some sort of alpha male slapfight behind the scenes. Most observers seem to think it’s probably the latter. One commenter in the Red Pill subreddit joked about some of the other possibilities:

The top 3 speculations are that he impersonated someone’s online identity, that he tried to conspire to make someone look bad, that he fed a down syndrome kid’s pet goldfish to an alligator.

But no one’s talking, at least not publicly, so the reasons for Johnson’s action remain as much of a mystery as why anyone, even the thirstiest incel schlub, would pay anywhere from $1500 to $2500 to go to one of his 21 Conventions to see a bunch of self-proclaimed alpha males regurgitate the same stale “wisdom” they serve up for free on their various YouTube channels.

For now, most of the people who care about this sort of manosphere drama seem to be siding with Tomassi, a longtime fixture in the community, over the mercurial Johnson. “This is like kicking out Van Halen from Van Halen,” one Redditor wrote.

In the several days since Tomassi’s dismissal, a number of others scheduled to give presentations at upcoming 21 Conferences have either quit or been kicked out, presumably for supporting Tomassi. And some who’ve bought tickets for the cons are demanding their money back.

Right now, it seems, everyone in this segment of the manosphere is mad at everyone else (or mad at everyone who’s mad). “21 Convention Founder Anthony Johnson aka @beachmuscles will now be referred to as ‘Red Pill Judas,'” a former 21 Convention participant known as Jon from Modern Life Dating declared on Twitter.

On YouTube, meanwhile, antifeminist videoblabber YogiOabsa declared that Tomassi — best known for his series of “Rational Male” books — was a “fragile male” who deserved to be “CANCELLED” by the Red Pill community.

In the Red Pill subreddit, both Tomassi and Johnson have their supporters — and their detractors. But most commenters there seem to regard the dispute between the two as so much “bitchy drama … like a bunch of chicks clacking ” in the words of one commenter.

Infamous Red Pill subreddit commenter and sometime troll GayLubeOil dismissed Johnson as a “shady asshole” — but reserved most of his venom for Rollo and some of his better-known supporters, whom he labeled “blue pill beta males.” These are fighting words, in Red Pill land.

“Beta males can only learn things the hard way,” he wrote,

because they are ego invested in not seeing the truth. Anthony Johnson is the real Red Pill alpha Master for exposing these deluded Bloopsters.

Also they don’t even lift.

Others heaped scorn on the pricey convention itself.

“Can’t even imagine the smell at these types of conventions,” wrote someone called zdenipeni. “Yuh.”

“They all sell some perfume or shampoo laced with special pheromones,” added Lucifyer, “they might accidentally seduce each other some day and it would be a sausage fest.”

I guess we’ll have to wait and see if the details of Tomassi’s alleged “unbecoming conduct” ever come out. Until then, I can only say

H/T — Thanks to the reader who pointed me to this whole controversy

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

I was blissfully unaware of these guys until a few minutes ago.

That said, I’m willing to bet that Rollo Tomassi’s unforgivable lapse in judgment was to fall in love with a woman and embark on a relationship with her. A happy relationship.

Or maybe RT did a solid for a woman: helped his sister move or gave a dollar to a homeless woman. Or maybe he adopted a female dog from a local shelter and is showering her with love and attention and goodies and long, long walks. Aww.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that RT was caught being a good guy. That’s not something the Red Pillers will tolerate.

Savanah
Savanah

Look. Men have been saying this about women have been saying this for awhile. When menstrual cycles sync, there’s severe drama ahead. Gird your loins. It’s gonna get catty. I’ll go get the Midol and the Tampax.

Ellesar
Ellesar

All the men who forked out proper money on these shonks must end up even more bitter. Then I guess they find a way of blaming women for it.

Lainy
Lainy

What the hell is that guy’s problem with shampoo

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I see Rollo on Twitter sometimes. He’s one of those creeps who claims that it’s nature’s desire that middle aged man marry 18 year olds.

Viscaria
Viscaria

The most interesting part to me is this:

…as why anyone, even the thirstiest incel schlub, would pay anywhere from $1500 to $2500 to go to one of his 21 Conventions to see a bunch of self-proclaimed alpha males regurgitate the same stale “wisdom” they serve up for free on their various YouTube channels.

Who has that kind of money for that purpose? Should I be in the convention grift game?

Luzbelitx

Should I be in the convention grift game?

Absolutely. And count me in too.
What? I’m broke. I can’t afford a morality right now ?

Bobo
Bobo

This dork named himself after an L.A. Confidential character? How actually dare he!

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

He probably treated a woman like she was a human being.

OT: Remember a year ago (almost exactly a year) when I posted worried that the Ford government would, sooner or later, try to kill me?

It’s happened.

I’m not sure what the exact machinations were, but I walked the 2 or so kilometers to the doctor’s office today in order to make an appointment so that, in a week or two, I could walk the 2 or so kilometers to the doctor’s office again and get a prescription renewed, but when I got there they told me that they had decided to “let me go” as a patient and they refused to give me an appointment. When I demanded an explanation for this flagrant breach of contract on their part, they mumbled something about joining some “family care” something-something and having to downsize.

I can only assume this has something to do with Ford’s cuts to Ontario health care.

And it leaves me in a troubling situation, and no doubt has left other people in a downright dangerous one. I have some kind of chronic heartburn, which I’ve been controlling with Zantac, prescribed by my doctor … now, it seems, my ex-doctor, without my having been given any say in the matter or even any notification until I tried to set up a fresh appointment with him. It turned out to also have the rather pleasant side effect of suppressing those horrific leg cramps I had been chronically having for even longer.

If I cannot refill my prescription, once my current supply (roughly a month’s worth) runs out I will start being literally tortured by those cramps again — yes, they are that bad — as well as subjected to heartburn sufficient to often interfere with sleep (and forcible sleep deprivation is also, legally, considered to be torture — read the Geneva Convention).

So, in effect, some chain of authority stretching up from the evil, totally unapologetic and perfectly willing to “just follow orders” receptionist at the clinic up to, presumably, Doug Ford, has sentenced me to be tortured — not something that the criminal justice system here could legally do, but apparently something that Ford and his goons can, somehow.

Oh, and this means that though I woke up this morning a citizen of the developed world, I will go to sleep shortly as one more poor, downtrodden denizen of the third world. Canada seems to have joined the US as one of those not-actually-quite-developed countries that does not grant universal health care to its citizens.

ONTARIAN MAMMOTHEERS (e.g. Katamount, Impish Pepper, and I think maybe Jenora?) — how do I fix this? I can’t assume I have more than about a month to do so before things get bad, so “move to another province” would not be a practical solution, at least not without some intervening stopgap way to get fresh prescriptions. Neither would anything that involves waiting lists of any kind. Is there a human rights tribunal or something I can appeal this to? Can I take some sort of legal action, and can I still do that if there’s no way I could conceivably afford a lawyer? Abruptly cutting someone off from their health care like that capriciously and without cause and without any kind of notification or stopgap coverage while they search for an alternative way to get it is surely some kind of breach of contract … surely?

And … does this mean my disability-derived dental and pharma coverage (not that the latter is of any use if I can’t get things prescribed to begin with) have also evaporated? What exactly the fuck is going on? I never set up the contract (or whatever) with that doctor and clinic to begin with so I don’t know much about what is going on “under the hood” let alone how to rectify this.

Assuming I do somehow manage to get this fixed, then I have to know: How do I ensure that nothing like it ever, ever happens to me again? And don’t say “move to an EU country”. That’s simply not practical for me right now, and it likely never will be for financial, language-barrier, and citizenship reasons.

ALL: How do I make idiots stop voting for conservatives either here or anywhere I might end up moving to?!

Amtep
Amtep

@Viscaria: The proper form of this grift is to use the $2500 convention solely to talk to them about the $20,000 masters class where they will learn all the secrets. These guys are amateurs.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

Oh, one more thing: when someone with diabetes gets kicked out of their doctor’s the way I was today, runs out of insulin, and plotzes, or some kindly old man on heart pills of some sort doesn’t get to have one more Christmas with his grandkids because he can no longer get fresh prescriptions for those pills, will there be any legal action possible against the Ford regime then? I would dearly love to see that piece of shit hauled out of Queen’s Park in handcuffs to answer for murder charges. Preferably before a war crimes tribunal.

And meanwhile is anyone else getting barely-controllable urges to throw their remotes through their TV screens every time (and it’s up to several times an hour now) Andrew Scheer puts on his fake man-of-the-people act that is probably actually managing to somehow fool a lot of (middle class white) people? Blaming “taxes” for the consequences of corporate-friendly neoliberal policies, while no doubt intending to ratchet those up much worse?

I’m thinking we need a technology that allows us to throw rotten tomatoes at TVs and they will actually pass through the screen and hit whoever they were aimed at, wherever they are now. I’ll settle for a version that only works when it’s live, though, and stock up in time for the first 2019 election debate … I’d also settle for some socialist wand-waving that democratizes all media so that everyone has exactly as much access to attention through it as everyone else, instead of the rich being able to buy arbitrarily large megaphones to propagandize with in proportion to the sizes of their pocketbooks.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Surplus:

Sorry to hear that. I’m not sure if this is the sort of thing that would qualify for the human rights tribunal. http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/hrto/ Looking through their regulations, all I can confirm is that I’m not a lawyer. What they look at is discrimination, so I’m not sure you’d have a case unless you could prove that they fired you as a client due to a disability or some such reason. It might be worth getting in touch with their legal support centre to find out: http://www.hrlsc.on.ca/en/contact-hrlsc/contact-information

Another option is to kick up a fuss, for which CBC’s “Go Public” is a pretty good avenue. https://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic/about-go-public-1.2857722

Though, um, I don’t want to sound like a jerk, but if you do decide to get in touch with either of these, maybe tone down the rhetoric when doing so? Especially the personal insults about DoFo (understandable though they are!) and the war crimes bit. Yes, one wants to crucify him, but focusing on that aspect would probably be unhelpful.

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Amtep

Brilliant stuff ? thanks for the tip. I’ll cut you in for 10% of the takings.

@Surplus

I’m sorry to hear you’ve lost your GP. That’s a really stressful position to be in. Do you think you will be able to find another GP who is taking patients? Also, perhaps you can get your prescriptions filled at walk-in clinics the meantime. The wait times can be awful, but it’s better than nothing.

I wish you the best of luck.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

I don’t even know where to find a walk-in clinic. I wouldn’t be surprised if the nearest one was 150 km away in the nearest major city. That would make it a “$90+ bus-in” clinic instead, for me. (And that’s ignoring the cost of the return ticket…)

There’s also the minor little matter of my not wanting to have to describe my symptoms, get diagnosed, get prescribed Zantac for it, describe my symptoms, get diagnosed, etc. etc. etc. every month for the rest of my life instead of them actually remembering me from one visit to the next. It’s bad enough that interacting with any kind of business or organization over the phone requires that sort of repetitiveness because you never get the same “representative” twice (the population of India being in excess of a billion likely having something to do with this) — hence my strong preference for either online or in-person interaction. Not getting the same doctor twice seems like a recipe for frustration at least on a par with that … and with much higher stakes if I draw a dud from the deck on a particular occasion. Though admittedly not as high as the hypothetical (but statistically inevitable) diabetic and the heart-condition grandpa would face …

Fetch
Fetch

Savanah… what? why are you making a joke about irrational menstruating women right now?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Surplus – Sorry to hear that. That’s pretty callous of the practice to abruptly drop you without at least referring you somewhere else.

Zantac is available on Amazon.ca. Are you taking a specially formulated prescription? Or is the issue that it’s no longer covered?

Re: Tomassi, how shocking that a bunch of alfalfas who have dedicated their lives to enforcing a vicious societal pecking order are now viciously pecking each other, vying for Alfalfa Points. May they all tie for last place.

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

@Surplus:

For whatever it matters, I’m sorry to hear that. I’m American. My husband suffers from chronic heartburn. He was recently laid off from his job. He’s in his sixties; unlikely to find work again, especially work that would offer health benefits. I’ve added him to my health insurance. Thank God that was an option for us.

Simon
Simon

@Surplus

Zantac is ranitidine and is otc in the UK. I bought 8 packs of 12 off eBay here for less than £6 fairly recently in case the UK ran out of my proton pump inhibitor when we were supposed to have left the EU in March. Would any of them ship to you from UK?

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Surplus,

I really don’t see why it was necessary to include a dig at call-centre workers in India, one that evokes the racist trope that there are just too damn many South Asians, in your complaint about medical care.

I do hope that you get the care you need.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

@Surplus – if you want to moan about any help people try to give you, what was the point of asking?

Obviously Ford sucks, but he has a majority and we just need to survive.

So here’s what you do. Register for Healthcare connect, they will find you a medical practitioner. You will have an initial assesment where you will see if you like the practitioner. If you don’t, they’ll find you another one.

In the meantime (in case this takes more time than you have) google walk-in clinics and read the reviews. Find the one with the best service/least wait time. Put the address (and directions on how to get there if you have a terrible memory like me haha) in your phone or in your wallet, so you know this is taken care of.

Does this suck? Obviously. Should thy have told you that you aren’t a patient any more? Yes. Do you have a case for um… ‘War crimes’? Talk to a lawyer…?

And i agree, we really didn’t need the racist dig at India. Wtf was that even about?

Eta: i am scared as fuck over their changes to the healthcare system as well. I am also on a medication that, if i couldn’t get it, would mean that i would no longer be able to sleep, and would be in a constant state of agitation/pain. There are other changes that have me freaked the fuck out as well (do the srs surgeries now have ‘quotas’??? That was going around, and of course. It’s Ford. Fucking Ford.

But you need practical advice, so you aren’t just spinning your wheels. This is what you do.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

Oh, write down all your prescriptions, and the doses/when you take them and put that in your phone/wallet as well.

Everyone should have that info handy, so we don’t need to remember it. Include any vitamins or natural supplements you take as well.

Shadowplay

@Simon

Cheers for that. I’ve been taking Nexium, but it’s been for long enough now that the risk of the side effects is becoming a certainty! Plus it’s fairly pricey and we’re trying to cut costs now we’re on one income and a pension.

numerobis
numerobis

Surplus to Requirements: get your charts from your now-former doctor and bring them to the next appointment, or at least figure out how to get them forwarded. Then you won’t have to explain yourself anymore than you already do.

Worst case there’s the ER. Hopefully there’s a walk-in clinic closer to you.

I haven’t had a doctor since moving to Canada 9 years ago. After years on the wait list in Quebec I got offered one … two months after I’d moved.

Americans hoping to get Canadian health care should wonder why they aspire to only barely improve, from the worst to second-worst among developed countries.

Kimstu
Kimstu

This article closes with a great .gif but I have to say I feel slightly miffed on behalf of the perfectly fine animals opossums and raccoons to see them used as a metaphor for bickering RedPill trashpeople. 🙂

Katamount
Katamount

@Surplus

I am really not sure what to do in that situation; it’s never been one I’ve found myself in. My knowledge of the health care bureaucracy is sadly lacking.

In terms of getting a new GP, then I think Health Care Connect is probably your best bet: https://hcc3.hcc.moh.gov.on.ca/HCCWeb/faces/layoutHCCSplash.jsp

I was on Trillium for my Ursodiol (which is expensive) for the two years I was unemployed. If you’re not on it, it’s worth checking out if you’re worried about prescription costs: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-help-high-prescription-drug-costs

One avenue you might take this to is Fight Back with Libby Znaimer. I’m not a regular listener, but I do know she talks about issues with pharma in Ontario and she does take live calls on her show. Odds are she knows more than me. Maybe even dropping her an email or tweet could help.

*hugs* Hoping for the best!

1 2 3 4