By David Futrelle
If Donald Trump’s immigration policies make you sick to your stomach, join with thousands if not millions of other Americans and PROTEST tomorrow. There are literally hundreds of events planned across the country, in every state.
You can find one near you at the MoveOn site, where there’s an interactive version of that map there at the top of the page.
If you can’t make it in person there are many other ways to help. For example, CALL YOUR REPS about this issue — 5 Calls has all the numbers you need and helpful scripts. And remember, you can call more than once about immigration over several days. 5 Calls has scripts and advice on how to call to urge your reps to:
- Abolish ICE
- Demand Family Reunification
- Demand accountability for the sexual abuse of immigrants
- Block the indefinite detention of immigrant families — adults and children
- Demand the resignation of Stephen Miller
- Demand the resignation of DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen
And while you’re at it, demand that no Supreme Court nominee be considered until after the midterm elections. Mitch McConnell straight-up stole a Supreme Court seat for Trump and we shouldn’t give him another pick while he’s under investigation for possible (well, a lot more than possible) collusion with a hostile foreign power.