GamerGaters sure do love their Based Mom! Christina Hoff Sommers, as you may or may not know, is a libertarian think-tanker who’s been grinding away at feminism for two decades, while still, rather perversely, claiming to be feminist. Though not a video gamer herself, she’s jumped aboard the GamerGate train, and GamerGaters have repaid her interest in their little crusade with interest, anointing her their “Based Mom” and talking about her with weird reverence.
That is, when they’re not making creepy fan art about her. Today, five of the most disturbing examples I’ve found so far.
1) Virgin Based Mom, in which an old publicity shot of Sommers is pasted onto a picture of the Virgin Mary to very creepy effect.
2) Based Waifu, in which Sommers is reinvented as an anime character.
3) Mass Effect Mom, in which Sommers becomes a Space Marine.
4) Whatever the hell this is.
5) Perfect Mom. And last but certainly not least, this tweet. No image manipulation here, just a guy expressing his opinion about a women. His really, really creepy opinion.
— Doctor Pepe (@ItalyGG) November 25, 2014
BONUS: The world’s most annoying Christina Hoff Sommers animated gif. Sommers finishes her ironically titled “Factual Feminist” YouTube videos, which are neither factual nor feminist, with an annoyingly contrived tagline: “Check your facts, not your privilege.” Now you can watch her smugly repeat this phrase over and over without end. Which is, I think, the very definition of hell.
Warning: Excessive viewing of this gif may give you nightmares; its smugness is that powerful.
H/T — GamerGhazi, for pointing out the Virgin Mom